meeting wrestlers in real life

wwffan2

I was just wondering what wrestlers were like in real life, I have seen videos of WWE wrestlers coming out of hotels

the majority of them seem very rude,

I was just wondering out of the wrestlers who was the nicest and who was the worse ?.

The nicest I have met was either D Lo Brown or Juventud Guerrea and the worse was Sabu,

I would imagine that randy orton would be an arsehole in real life.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
I was just wondering what wrestlers were like in real life, I have seen videos of WWE wrestlers coming out of hotels

the majority of them seem very rude,

That's probably because you see them in situations where they have to deal with complete social retards who stalk them and ambush them coming out of their hotels. I'd probably be pretty rude in that situation too, where the person approaching you has no respect for boundaries.

That's probably because you see them in situations where they have to deal with complete social retards who stalk them and ambush them coming out of their hotels. I'd probably be pretty rude in that situation too, where the person approaching you has no respect for boundaries.

Spot on. At organised meet and greet sessions they are usually very friendly and polite. Hero and Claudio were brilliant when I last met them. I asked them to write

• Paid Members

The nicest I've met, kind of surprisingly, was Jake Roberts. It's possible I just caught him on a good day, but he was sober and after working a show with only probably 80-100 people he stayed and signed stuff and met people for a good hour afterwards, like 'Plex described Hogan, he just seemed really happy to have fans there. I was a little worried because we had my girlfriend at the time's little brother with us, he was only 8 or 9, and I was half fearing an angry drunk shouting about needing more crack or he was going home.

I went to WrestleReunion in LA a few years back, met loads of stars.

RVD was really funny. Rikishi really friendly, tried encouraging me to start wrestling. Chavo Guerrero Snr and DDP had so much energy and would alk about anything. Shiek was crazy. Liger and Muta were gratious and friendly considering they spoke little english. Dan Severn was amazing, talked with him for a while. Bret Hart didn't really look up, although his staff were very interested in the UK version of his book. met many more but none other from then sticking out.

There was also Indypendence Day in wolverhampton which was basically a ROH show. Strong, Omega, Delerious, Briscoes etc were all friendly. spent a bit of time with Bubblegum, El Leigero and Jonny Moss because one of them was hitting on a mate. and Austin Aries told me to get a stall with my girlfriend at the time. :)

I've met Lita and Jericho - both at their gigs. Lita was a class act, walking through the venue (pub) and chatting with fans. Had a great discussion with her Felt bad later because I nearly destroyed her bands drum kit wrestling with someone else on stage (she insisted on commentating XD). I did get a 'You Fucked Up' chant though which was nice.

Didn't have much time with Y2J - but he seemed cool. My friend got a laugh out of him when he asked him if Darren Young was black or white. Next time Fozzy come to the UK, I have a friend who is training with Jericho to become a rassler, and he's said he can get me backstage all day. I'm going to ask Jericho to teach me his sure fire arm-wrestling win tactic!

• Paid Members
Hogan was one of the most genuine, warm celebs I have ever met. I got the impression that he loves having fans.

This is pretty spot on, isn't it? He's the original mark for himself, and he gets off on people loving him. It's a self-perpetuating cycle that started in the Hulkamania explosion - he became so great at being a hero because he genuinely cared about those big pops and being the hero! He's never seemed in it for the money, or in the later stages of his career winning the matches or being the champion, he just wants to be loved. Near the end in WcW, his return to WWE and in TNA, he's never kept to being a heel for that long because he's HULK HOGAN. He's your hero! What a great, great man. I'm so glad on the TNA tour I got to see him wrestle before I die.

Or more accurately, before he dies.

Killjoy Gee has already mentioned our cool experiences meeting Jericho and Lita. The only person who was disappointing was Sandman who was really drunk and grouchy. Steve Corino ranks up their as being the coolest, and I just met Cabana at the London AOW recording and chatted to him afterwards about podcasts and ROH at the moment; this experience was a lot more chilled out and relaxed probably because of the setting, and he was very down to earth. Loads of people I've been really nervous meeting and just got my stuff signed and shuffled off which I feel bad about. Though never a huge fan of his, on meeting Bret and hearing him say my name, I clammed up but he was terrific. Punk was surprisingly very nice even though he tweeted that morning several times that he had gotten little sleep. Met Danielson and Tyson Kidd at All Star in Croydon in 05 and with Danielson, all I managed was to murmur something about his matches with Low Ki being incredible. The TNA signing with Velvet, Daniels and Kazarian this year was a last minute decision to attend but the way it was organised made it a good experience though I noticed how much make up Velvet must wear up close. Low Ki was super intense. Kurt was on something which you got the impression off from the photos I got. Nigel was pretty good considering the night before he had his head rammed several times into the ringpost in his match with Danielson. Bourne, Aries and the Briscoes were all friendly that day too especially Bourne. Cima, despite broken English, was super smiley. RVD saw me and someone else had been waiting ages for a photo from anyone and stopped quickly to sign stuff before a crowd rushed over. Foley was really nice despite stories popping up of him being rude and money-hungry.

Flair gave me the Horsmen sign from the Wembley catering inside at which point my heart almost burst from my chest.

• Paid Members

Me and a mate met Hero and Claudio in a chip shop once, Hero went for chicken kebab meat and chips in case you wanted to know. Claudio was really friendly and seemed sound.

About 10 minutes latter we talked to Bobby Fish in the reception of a travel lodge, he was really nice and very chatty.

Can't really claim to have met loads of wrestlers but the ones I have met at shows in Newcastle have all been cool. Very friendly and happy to chat.

The two who stand out for me are Tracy Smothers and Doug Williams. Smothers was pretty drunk at a party after one show and kept coming over to me and my mate bringing us tequila shots. Williams is just an all around class act, really great guy.

Also met Jeff Hardy, RVD, D'Lo Brown, Sheamus (back when he was SOS), Raven, Sandman, Christian, Road Dogg, Heidenreich, and a few BritWres guys like Spud and Pac.

Never had a bad experience with any of them, although Hardy did steal my pen after signing an autograph for me!

I was on Ric Flair's retirement pub crawl in Orlando, 2008. We got on like a house on fire, and the booze did indeed flow. Everyone was there and called me a top fella, and I drank the likes of Shane Helms and Carlito under the table. Only me and Naitch were left standing at the end. He said nobody in his life had ever been able to keep up with him on the session like I did, and basically dedicated his entire career to me.

Archived