Jim Cornette is a fuckin God...

IronSheik

• Paid Members

I love watching the collective blood pressure of almost the entire forum rise to almost coronary levels whenever Dearly Devoted Dexter ventures out of his ROH hole. He generates the kind of heat that none of his flippy-floppy indie head-drop fetish heroes could ever hope to generate. And he's a cunt.

As for Cornette, he's entertaining, I doubt many people would disagree with that. I've watched and listened to almost all his shoots and he really is funny. In terms of wrestling ideas, as is currently being proved by the dreadfully outdated current state of ROH, he is about 20 years behind the times. At least. He has no relevance or place in modern wrestling. But I do like listening to him.

I wouldn't say he has no place in modern wrestling. At the very least he could help guys learn how to cut a promo and play to an audience, two things at which he was brilliant.

Is ROH outdated? I've seen very little of it. Only in the sense that every non-global wrestling company is, if you take WWE to be cutting edge or whatever. Cornette seems to think that there's no point reinventing the wheel and that age-old wrestling tropes work for a reason. Some truth in that, I reckon.

Jim Cornette is not afraid to speak his mind hence why he gets heat from people.

He seems a bit timid when he's working with them though. Not word one from him about Russo when he was towing the TNA company line on the Observer show he did. Found his confidence when he wasn't being paid by them later on though. How brave.

What kind of idiot would publicly criticise a company they were working for or people they have to work with on a regular basis?

• Paid Members
What kind of idiot would publicly criticise a company they were working for or people they have to work with on a regular basis?

What kind of idiot would go work for a company he's slagged off who employee someone he supposedly hates?

edited to take out the moronic misquote

listening to him tell stories or passionately share his time in the business is great, he has an enthusiasm for wrestling like Scorsese has when talking about movies and I can listen to either guy as they're just massive fans of their industry

once he starts telling everyone how it should be he is unbelievably preachy and while some things make sense some are just stupid or outdated or irrelevant and he loses his appeal to me by doing this

• Paid Members
Sessegnon not even on peoples benches? I know he plays for my team but has been one of the best and most consistently threatening players in the league this season. The fact he has the top teams in the league sniffing around him right now proves that.

listening to him tell stories or passionately share his time in the business is great, he has an enthusiasm for wrestling like Scorsese has when talking about movies and I can listen to either guy as they're just massive fans of their industry

LOL.GIF

Sessegnon not even on peoples benches? I know he plays for my team but has been one of the best and most consistently threatening players in the league this season. The fact he has the top teams in the league sniffing around him right now proves that.

LOL.GIF

I was gonna comment on the team of the year thread and decided not to didnt even realise I had done that, forgot to unquote, what a div

Jim Cornette is right the way my stopped clock is right.

I've got a soft spot for him, really - I think he's probably capable of contributing to WWE or TNA in some capacity, but his gimmick became a trope which has become something that means the big feds don't want to touch him. So perhaps he should have turned down some of that smark money when the DVD shill merchants came calling, and tried to make nice with Vince or Dixie.

Archived