Raw 26/03/2012 - Pre/Post Discussion

hbknhhh

• Paid Members

If anyones turning heel, its surely Triple H. Triple H as the heel authority figure could be something different (well, not really but at least it hasnt been done in a while). Johnny Ace could probably play his Chief Morely. Or Johnny could win and Triple H could say "congrats, but you are still under review from a month ago and your fired", leaving Triple H as the sole man in charge of WWE, and they could then subtly turn him over the next few months.

Triple H could lose to Undertaker and go spastic afterwards. I cant see them taking Triple H off TV again. They need star power post-Mania. Things seem to be leading to HHH turning.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Cena turned heel at Mania would he still get a mixed reaction from the live audience? At the moment Cena seems to be booed by the adults and cheered by the kids, if he turned proper heel would he get booed by the kids and cheered by the adults? Seems like they're really in a no-win situation with Cena because whatever they do with him he's never going to get the desired reaction.

Cena will never EVER turn heel...unless someone comes along who can at least match his fanbase, his merchandise sales, his drawing power etc and the only man who can (one day) will be Alex Riley ok!

The Cena/Rock bit at the end was really good.

I didnt like Rock saying how great Cena is though, when The Rock returned last year it seems like he was given free role on what to say because he really ripped Cena apart and made him look an idiot, same at Survivor Series, but now it seems like WWE are reeling him in and getting him to calm down a bit, which is kinda understandable in that Cena will be the main guy again in two weeks when Rockys gone again, but its hurt the dynamic of the feud a little bit.

Still good promo work by both men though, enjoyed The Rock being a lot more serious and Cena a bit at the end too, I think WWEs plan to get a 50/50 split hasnt worked at all like, Rock is still getting incredible reactions whilst Cena is getting the same reactions he's always got, I should think it'll be very a much at least a 70/30 shift in Rock's favour on Sunday.

• Paid Members

Not much to add really. Raw was by the numbers until the last segment. The last segment featured both men at their worst and best, it was bizarre. Both decided they'd do some rubbish comedy (The Rock won that one with the crowd) and then it got serious (and I think Cena turned a portion of the audience to at least 'unsure'). It was quite good too, but it's all a little fluffy. The match will be excellent, as both are masters, but not fancying this buyrate to do what they are expecting. This feud hasn't been that great so far, but I'm remaining optimistic that this is only part 1, with a big plot point at 'Mania pushing us into part 2 and more heat. Right? Otherwise Vince has lost it and that, that's not true. Right?! Right?!!! Oh and Cena gave the game away, with him repeating over and over "I'm going to win".

The fact they only did a video for 'Taker/Trips/HBK was as good as them saying 'aye, we gave you too much too soon'. It's a shame the last few weeks have been flat, as I was super excited by this when it was announced. Still going to 'steal the show'.

The one surprise out of this is the Punk/Jericho feud. I had no desire to sit and watch their match, but I'm mildly looking forward to Punk slapping Jericho about. One of two feuds they've actually done well by, IMO. At the very least, this feud has shown what a star Punk is - in comparison to 'Monday Jericho'. I quite liked his serious promo backstage.

I did laugh at the thought of CVDs 'Mania buzz getting killed off by Bookah making the save and not Rey Rey. The crowd were into it, at least.

Looks like Sheamus is going over my man D Bryan; can't fucking wait for that title run!

• Paid Members

Did anyone else have their Sky+HD recording on HD Sky Sports say it was partially recorded? I had all of RAW but during the final segment I had a signal interrupted message and a few seconds of freeze that thankfully I could FF past

Someone briefly touched on it earlier, but how does it make sense, that years ago, people would go mad if people feuding came into contact with one another, and instead would want them to build the tension up and wait for the match it's self and watch them unload on each other in the ring.

And yet now, people are proclaiming the buildup for this Wrestlemania poor as they haven't come into contact in the main feuds. What would you want? Triple H/Undertaker, to be a rematch from the 5 previous weeks of matches they'd had previously, as seemed to happen a lot of times in the summer of last year with Orton and Christian?

I know I have enjoyed the way the main feuds have been built up, and are hotly anticipating Sunday.

• Paid Members
Someone briefly touched on it earlier, but how does it make sense, that years ago, people would go mad if people feuding came into contact with one another, and instead would want them to build the tension up and wait for the match it's self and watch them unload on each other in the ring.

And yet now, people are proclaiming the buildup for this Wrestlemania poor as they haven't come into contact in the main feuds. What would you want? Triple H/Undertaker, to be a rematch from the 5 previous weeks of matches they'd had previously, as seemed to happen a lot of times in the summer of last year with Orton and Christian?

I know I have enjoyed the way the main feuds have been built up, and are hotly anticipating Sunday.

I think the problem most people have is they spent the past two/three weeks of the build letting the air out of the balloon a bit, as they didn't have anywhere else to go. People wouldn't mind if the segments built more heat, but (as someone stated earlier) they were mostly poor retreads of points raised weeks earlier. Also, Cena and The Rock have spent a year trading finishers on a few PPVs and go home shows - it is all a bit backwards.

• Paid Members
Did anyone else have their Sky+HD recording on HD Sky Sports say it was partially recorded? I had all of RAW but during the final segment I had a signal interrupted message and a few seconds of freeze that thankfully I could FF past

Yeah, happened to me too. Normally a weather thing, no idea what would cause it nationwide?

• Paid Members

Yeah, happened to me too. Normally a weather thing, no idea what would cause it nationwide?

Perhaps a problem with the actual satellite feed from the US?

It was really just a 'nothing' Raw. Punk and Jericho have gone from desperate to spicing up the feud to desperate again. Rock and Cena simply presented a verbatim highlights package of previous promos, and then ended with nothing. Taker, Trips and Michaels weren't even there.

The Mania build-up ran out of steam, a week too early. It was a totally skippable show, which is very poor for the go-home show. Still, it should a be cracking Mania.

• Paid Members

I wonder what they'll do with 'Taker's hair now? They didn't reveal it on Raw, so maybe they'll have some extension or something put in (if it's grown enough). I think it was Ian that said that we'll all spend 20 minutes trying to get used to bald 'Taker, instead of getting into the match.

Archived