Raw 26/03/2012 - Pre/Post Discussion

hbknhhh

• Paid Members
dddddddddddddddddDaz's idea of the Cena/Ace conglomerate seems like the most appealing option, as there's still mileage left in Cena vs Punk.

If they turned Cena, there's a big line of matches I'd want to see. Punk, Orton Trips, Misterio and Big Show. A rematch with The Rock takes on a completely different complexion. Not to mention the prospect of Cena vs. Undertaker. Then you've got guys like Ryder and Kingston who could step up.

Actually, the one I'd save is Orton. In a couple of years time, that could be a massive main event if they keep them apart.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe just me, but I thought Raw was decent...considering that the last Raws have been God-awful this was an improvement.

Most feuds don't seem to have any passion behind them though. I know not all feuds need to have brawling but still, it'd be nice to see to build up something. Jericho hasn't been in the ring in weeks and has only appeared by video saying nasty things, but its hard to care. Bryan, it makes sense that he and Sheamus haven't gotten into a brawl as DB keeps weaseling his way out of harm and putting AJ in the way. Thought the Rock and Cena was really good, but again i wish it was more of a "I hate you Rock, I need to beat you" and "you're a phony Cena I need to beat you" instead of them just fighting for the sake of a big match which is what it feels like.

Gutted about Christian, best year of his career, pulling classic matches out and he's not on mania now! Ridiculous. but maybe it'll be good in the long term as he'll have a reason to feud with the WWE Champion if and when he returns. CM Punks backstage promo was great and in fairness his assault on Christian was brutal.

Cody Rhodes cut a really good promo i thought, good to see Primo, Epico and Rosa on TV even if they got squished. And NXT Superstar Curt Hawkins was also there, he's really got something about him.

team Johnny vs team Teddy was decent build up too. Overall it wasn't a bad show, but again no one will care if mania delivers.

Heel Cena certainly opens up a world of potential matches and storylines, yeah we've seen Cena Vs [name] too many times to count but at least the dynamic would be different this time around. I guess it ultimately depends on external forces, would be BAStar people get all bent out of shape if their top spokesman turned into a bully? That would be amusing.

And NXT Superstar Curt Hawkins was also there, he's really got something about him.

That reminded me: I know Lawler famously doesn't watch any WWE other than Raw, but getting his name wrong more than once when he has been on the roster over 4 years was poor form.

And NXT Superstar Curt Hawkins was also there, he's really got something about him.

That reminded me: I know Lawler famously doesn't watch any WWE other than Raw, but getting his name wrong more than once when he has been on the roster over 4 years was poor form.

I thought he was doing it to take the piss a little bit? Perhaps not...

I like the way they called him a young up and comer when he's been around 5 years now and is a former Tag team Champion by WWE standards he's pretty much a veteran.

Wouldn't be a bad show if it was just your average, weekly episode but considering it was the go home show for Wrestlemania, it was very flat. I should stop staying up for RAW because every time I do, I seem to be a bit underwhelmed.

The Cena and Rock promo was the best part of the show. They didn't exactly tread any new ground but it was nice to see them have a proper one on one confrontation. Thought the Rock seemed more ''Rock-like'' than he has live recently too, if that makes sense. It did firmly put me in the Team Rock camp also. I mean, I'm not gonna go apeshit if Cena wins by any means but I'm a bit sick of him talking about how Rock abandoned everyone by leaving. The ending was a bit sudden though.

Punk's beatdown of Christian was the other really good part of the show and reminded me of why people are complaining about the lack of physicality in this buildup. The Taker/HHH video package was epic also. WWE deserve some sort of award for their video packages.

As for the rest of the show, there wasn't too much to get your teeth into. Honestly couldn't give a toss about the GM match anymore after the final additions. Maybe it is my own fault for expecting Mysterio and Del Rio to be added but the teams are a bit shit, aren't they? Teddy Long's team has about as much star power as the show he's supposed to run.

Still looking forward to Mania, Cena/Rock and Taker/HHH sell themselves. I just hope it delivers.

Teddy Long's team has about as much star power as the show he's supposed to run.

I know but on paper I guess it looks good everyone of them is either a former WWE/WHC or IC/US Champion (plus the current US Champion) there is not a member of his team who hasn't held a title in the last few years.

• Paid Members
Why did Kelly roll out of the ring right in front of Beth?

That's Kelly Kelly's celebration. Every time she wins a match, she runs away up the ramp as fast as she can.

It;'s presumably to go alongside her finisher, which by all accounts appears to be a roll up.

• Paid Members

That's Kelly Kelly's celebration. Every time she wins a match, she runs away up the ramp as fast as she can.

It;'s presumably to go alongside her finisher, which by all accounts appears to be a roll up.

Isnt her finisher some sort of Fame-asser style move?

The funniest bit was Jerry Lawler accusing Michael Cole of being a hypocrite over Daniel Bryan, since he used to hate him and now he's on his nuts...only to then do the exact same thing in reverse.

I'd like to challenge that with "Miz, you're on Team Teddy....ah, eh Johnny"

That was amazing.

• Paid Members

Isnt her finisher some sort of Fame-asser style move?

Probably, but she seems to win by roll up an awful lot.

Archived