The Apprentice 2012 Thread

Dai

After watching the second episode, I stand by my assumption that there all either dense or just bad actors. Some of the boardroom 'arguments' made them look like absolute divs. Sure I seen one of the girls in a shit advert on one of the free channels too. The fact Ricky Hype shoehorned the fact he's a wrestler in his first sentence just showed he's in it for the fame.

I think they all are, to be honest. There may be one or two with a good business idea who are slipped in there to give the show an air of legitimacy, but the majority of them are about as suited to working with Alan Sugar as your average X-Factor contestant. They're all fucking call centre team leaders or something whose only achievement in business is thinking up a really posh and elongated way of saying 'call centre team leader'. Remember that idiot lass who was on last year who claimed she had trained nobel prize winners and had tea with the Dalai Lama or some such nonsense? All the majority are realistically after is a spot on Celebrity Coach Trip or a presenting job on a short-lived Channel 5 'newz' show.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very surprised that the retro workout routine group won the task - a little unfair as the pitch was nothing to do with a family class - and would have to be completely redesigned.

I kinda wanted to see a wrestling themed workout - which would have bombed, but would have made for sensational TV!

Duane was a front runner to win it IMO so was shocked that he got the boot!

The editing in this show has gotten horrendous as far as knowing giving away which team has won. It one team's having an absolute disaster, while the other has clearly won the task, you can guarantee the disastrous team will be revealed as the winners.

Spot on. I was conversing with one of my mates by text as this was going on, and we were both convinced Beat Battle was going to win, especially as Groove Train was shite and almost like a comedic piss take. Then when Nick and Karen were reading out the results, and Groove Train got nothing from the first two companies it was blatantly obvious that they were going to pull it back with the third and take the win. It's been like this for a couple of series at the least now and removes any anticipation of who is going to lose.

• 1 month later...

I remember in years gone past, this thread used to get loads of replies. Is it a case of bad contestants (personality wise) this year, or the format starting to be a little stale?

I dont really like the whole Dragons Den element of the last show. I think a lot of people didnt like the old "bring back former contestants, create an event" final task from before, as it didnt really affect anything with regards to who Sugar would hire, but I still prefer that to what is done now. When you see someone like Jade, with a business that Sugar would never get involved with, then it just makes her entire stint in the contest a complete waste of time. Considering its the final episode, do people really want to see never-ending discussions about call centers and hedge funds? I think more would want to see a big task, however pointless it would be with regards to the final decision.

Yeah, i've watched this series but the business partner element and it all being a bit familiar has made it a bit boring at times compared to how it used to be. Lord Al has toned down a bit in the boardroom too I think, the last half hour of the show dragged when he's not as biting and the constestants come out with the usual tosh.

I remember in years gone past, this thread used to get loads of replies. Is it a case of bad contestants (personality wise) this year, or the format starting to be a little stale?

I dont really like the whole Dragons Den element of the last show. I think a lot of people didnt like the old "bring back former contestants, create an event" final task from before, as it didnt really affect anything with regards to who Sugar would hire, but I still prefer that to what is done now. When you see someone like Jade, with a business that Sugar would never get involved with, then it just makes her entire stint in the contest a complete waste of time. Considering its the final episode, do people really want to see never-ending discussions about call centers and hedge funds? I think more would want to see a big task, however pointless it would be with regards to the final decision.

Nah I definitely enjoy the interview format. It's one of my favourite parts of the series. I don't think someone falling over spectacularly at the last hurdle makes their participation in the series any less worthwhile. Her business plan was absolutely horrendous. The fact she had literally no costs going through her accounts month on month and tried to explain it away as somthing like "yeah, cuz I've already spent all the money setting the business up" made literally no sense. The domain name thing killed her as well. She could have been proposing any sort of business and she'd have suffered the same fate.

In terms of lack of replies I just don't think there were many stand out characters in this years show. Everyone either performed pretty consistently or failed but not in a particularly entertaining way. I saw pretty much every episode and Ricky is the only one who's name I know, and that's only because he's been talked about in On Topic because he's a wrestler.

Archived