The Apprentice 2012 Thread

Dai

This years show seems like a bunch of idiots. Didn't show any candidate in a decent light this week.

What about the Captain of the Men's team? In terms of a first week captain, he probably was the best theres ever been. Had a clear pricing plan, and didnt get carried away with the design element.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
You would be correct - although i will probably watch the whole series, just to see who wins! They have the US apprentice as well, and I have never watched a full episode. Caught bits and pieces, and think that Lord Sugar is far more entertaining than Donald Trump.

Plus although I don't know what Donald Trump's two 'eyes and ears' are like (if he even has any), but Nick is superb on the UK version. His facial expressions often steal the show. Don't like Karen Brady much, though.

• Paid Members
I don't know what Donald Trump's two 'eyes and ears' are like (if he even has any)

It's most commonly Donald jr., who is quite entertaining, and Ivanka, who is hot. They do quite regularly bring in guest experts to fill one/both of the roles, though - the season before last they showed on BBC1 (think it was the 2008 season), one of the tasks was selling event tickets in NYC, so The Donald sent for his mate who knows most about it - Vince McMahon!

I've really enjoyed the couple of seasons of the US show BBC have put on. I think they only do celebrity ones over there now, and the emphasis is very different to our celeb version - they do a full 12 weeks instead of a short run, and on selling tasks they're positively encouraged to get the rolodex out and see which of their mates will give them five grand for a charity hot dog.

I've really enjoyed the couple of seasons of the US show BBC have put on. I think they only do celebrity ones over there now, and the emphasis is very different to our celeb version - they do a full 12 weeks instead of a short run, and on selling tasks they're positively encouraged to get the rolodex out and see which of their mates will give them five grand for a charity hot dog.

They are very good, and I know he is a prick but Piers Morgan was awesome on the series he was on.

I still watch the UK Apprentice but I think it is very much in decline and has become a very tired format, also in recent seasons they edit every episode the same so you can pretty much guarantee which team has won half way through.

• Paid Members

The US (now celeb only) version is very good, and the Morgan series was outstanding. Unfortunately they switched to every episode being two hours which, even with the ads removed, is still just far too long.

• Moderators

The US one is watchable because of the usual lols at people fucking up and the wacky celebrity casting, but compared to the UK one, it's garbage. Every single week the task is "You have to create an ad or presentation for this GREAT product, by my good friends at Company X!" It's just two hours of product placement, week after week. A couple of weeks back, the task was to create an ad for Trump's daughter's new jewelry line. There's none of the brilliant buying tasks, and the coming up with their own product and selling it on the streets thing usually happens once a season, it's literally just "promote this new car, and talk about GREAT features 1, 2 and 3" which will be the focus of most of the talking heads too. "I'm super excited I get to talk about this GREAT product because..."

Two seasons ago they had a task that was promoting a video-phone that's literally the front end for a pyramid scheme.

Trump is fucking insane too. And not even in a fun way, really. He's just a giant stupid dick. But I still watch it, so I guess I am too. The editing's nutty too. They have to cram so much in, and paint with such broad strokes, that the audio comes across like that episode of the Simpsons where Homer's accused of touching up the babysitter and when he goes on the news, they edit his speech to make him sound guilty. The intonations all over the place where they're cutting and pasting sentences together, and 50% of the footage is withering looks that are clearly slotted in from some other context.

The US (now celeb only) version is very good, and the Morgan series was outstanding. Unfortunately they switched to every episode being two hours which, even with the ads removed, is still just far too long.

For me it actually made it better. Maybe they could condense it down a bit so that it was an hour without the ads but when it was shorter I just hated the fact that you saw so little of the task preparation, etc. It was usually 5-10 minutes of recap and fallout, up to 10 minutes of task and then 20+ minutes of boardroom. Now you get to see far more of what happens during the task itself, which is much better in my opinion.

After watching the second episode, I stand by my assumption that there all either dense or just bad actors. Some of the boardroom 'arguments' made them look like absolute divs. Sure I seen one of the girls in a shit advert on one of the free channels too. The fact Ricky Hype shoehorned the fact he's a wrestler in his first sentence just showed he's in it for the fame.

• 2 weeks later...

Was a little disgusted that the Belissimo sauce team reused what they called "waste" to salvage a few bottles.

Some of the mistakes made in the condiment episodes were hilarious! Including going to a sales pitch without a product, and spelling the brand name wrong!

Did you only notice them when looking at the pictures? The papers love a romance story like this (I assume thats the way it is between them).

I thought Sugar got the firing wrong yesterday. Very harsh. I thought the PM should have gone.

Archived