Aberdeen 1-0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Rangers 1-3 Celtic (Sunday 1pm)

Serie A

Juventus 3-0 Inter (Sunday 7:45pm)

Milan 2-0 Roma (5pm)

Premier League

Arsenal 2 v 1 Aston Villa

Bolton Wanderers 1 v 1 Blackburn Rovers

Stoke City 1 v 2 Manchester City (5:30pm)

Swansea City 2 v 1 Everton

Championship

Middlesbrough 2 v 1 Bristol City w/RoryFice

Reading 2 v 1 Blackpool

SPL

Aberdeen 2 v 1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Rangers 1 v 2 Celtic (Sunday 1pm)

Serie A

Juventus 2 v 1 Inter (Sunday 7:45pm)

Milan 2 v 1 Roma (5pm)

Premier League

Arsenal 2-0 Aston Villa

Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Blackburn Rovers

Stoke City 1-2 Manchester City (5:30pm)

Swansea City 1-1 Everton

Championship

Middlesbrough 2-0 Bristol City w/RoryFice

Reading 0-2 Blackpool

SPL

Aberdeen 2-0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Rangers 1-3 Celtic (Sunday 1pm)

Serie A

Juventus 3-1 Inter (Sunday 7:45pm)

Milan 2-1 Roma (5pm)

Arsenal 2v0 Aston Villa

Bolton Wanderers 1v1 Blackburn Rovers

Stoke City 0v2 Manchester City (5:30pm)

Swansea City 2 V 1 Everton

Championship

Middlesbrough 2v0 Bristol City w/RoryFice

Reading 3v2 Blackpool

SPL

Aberdeen 2v0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Rangers 2v2 Celtic (Sunday 1pm)

Serie A

Juventus 1v2 Inter (Sunday 7:45pm)

Milan 2v0 Roma (5pm)

Just to note, the link to the table in the original post does link to an updated version at last. I had a version ready on Thursday but I'd somehow missed sivy's picks and didn't want to scare him by uploading something which said he didn't play (even though his position remained the same). Also, Rory is a late picker at the best of times, as I mentioned, but he is risking a points deduction at this rate.

Oh well, all should be explained in a double update at the end of the weekend. For now, I'd better get my own predictions in before 3 o'clock UK time:

Premier League

Arsenal 3-0 Aston Villa

Bolton Wanderers 2-0 Blackburn Rovers

Stoke City 0-1 Manchester City

Swansea City 1-0 Everton

Championship

Middlesbrough 3-1 Bristol City w/RoryFice

Reading 2-1 Blackpool

SPL

Aberdeen 2-2 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Rangers 1-2 Celtic

Serie A

Juventus 0-0 Inter

Milan 1-1 Roma

Premier League

Arsenal 3-0 Aston Villa

Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Blackburn Rovers

Stoke City 1-2 Manchester City (5:30pm)

Swansea City 1-0 Everton

Championship

Middlesbrough 3-0 Bristol City w/RoryFice

Reading 2-0 Blackpool

SPL

Aberdeen 3-1 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Rangers 0-4 Celtic (Sunday 1pm)

Serie A

Juventus 2-0 Inter (Sunday 7:45pm)

Milan 0-0 Roma (5pm)

I've never won my D2D and it seems to be literally all or nothing here!

Premier League

Arsenal 1-0 Aston Villa

Bolton Wanderers 1-0 Blackburn Rovers

Stoke City 1-3 Manchester City (5:30pm)

Swansea City 1-2 Everton

Championship

Middlesbrough 1-2 Bristol City w/RoryFice

Reading 1-0 Blackpool

SPL

Aberdeen 1-0 Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Rangers 1-1 Celtic (Sunday 1pm)

Serie A

Juventus 1-0 Inter (Sunday 7:45pm)

Milan 1-0 Roma (5pm)

First of all, apologies again for the mess I've made of the past 2 rounds. The Scottish League Cup and JPT finals both somehow passed me by, which should tell you something about how many other distractions I've got right now. We'll get to specifics later, but first I want to briefly address the previous week since it never got a proper update:

Last week's table has now been archived here for anyone who missed it. It's a bit late to go through all the changes and all 10 matches now, but the D2Ds and abandoned match obviously merit some comment. Basically, the former would've been more interesting if tom had won his and Haraga lost. So of course, it turned out the other way round. Backing Napoli (only his 2nd or 3rd choice, IIRC) to win at Udinese was not unreasonable, but nor was it a surprise when that game finished 2-2.

Haraga meanwhile shamefully bet on Morton to lose at home to Dundee and they duly did so. At least he got the sneaky bet against his own side early so people knew they were disagreeing with him if they went for anything other than an away win. Naturally the ploy worked, meaning tom was lowest scorer and cast further adrift at the bottom while Haraga was top scorer (it would otherwise have been hbk4life) and moved away from any lingering danger of finishing last. I earmarked that game at the start of the season thinking Dundee would run away with the division, but since they've been nothing special, you might've thought the doc would have more confidence in his own club. I didn't pick a great week (see below) to do a double D2D, but somewhere in the confusion TCD rubbed salt into the wounds by taking 2 of his bonuses from the Napoli game. Ouch.

Considering there were only 9 completed fixtures, it was quite high-scoring. I can't remember the last time we had an abandoned match on here, but if we did it was probably due to bad weather or at a stretch, floodlight failure. I'm normally a "show must go on" type of person (Over the Edge '99 and all that), but in this case it's completely understandable that the game was suspended given that it's emerged that Muamba was technically dead for well over an hour. Thankfully he's survived though and Bolton have since got back to playing.

FA Cup games always take priority to be played as soon as possible, and the match was in fact replayed last night. In earlier seasons I've allowed games to count if they were played the midweek after they were originally scheduled, but since it took 10 days to get this one back and with a much more subdued atmosphere given the circumstances in which the first attempt was called off, all picks on it remain VOID.

===

The reason for the slight delay this morning is one that's been threatening to rear its head for most of the season. My laptop is now 6 months older than it was supposed to last for, and I haven't exactly treated it brilliantly at all times. So since last summer there have been occasional scares where I've thought it's packed up completely. At least that makes sure I back up my data when I finally get it to start again though. Can't really justify buying a new one over Easter so I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it'll last into the summer. I should also be able to log onto the computers at the uni here at last - that is, if any of the keyboards in the language dept IT room actually work. I managed to get a decade of service out of my last home PC though, so I'm not too worried. Where there's life, there's hope.

That particular technological snag pales in comparison with my connection troubles here, mind. I'd hoped it was all sorted after the initial problems when I first got here, but the landlords (or the acting ones - the real one's apparently in Germany like most Spaniards who are actually employed) refuse to set up a wireless connection, using the aforementioned excuse that the uni has it, even though unbeknownst to me I wasn't properly registered at the aforementioned institution until Monday so that was no use to me before. I had a monthly subscription with a slow, expensive Orange modem but that broke when I tried to fish the SIM card out (unnecessarily, as it turned out) so I had to fork out for another one - the original had helpfully been left behind by a friend - but I'm back on an even dearer daily connection for some reason, and I can't be arsed to change that until I get back after Easter.

So it's costing me over

Archived