If all the trees rose up against us, could we defeat them?

Mr. Seven

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing you don't like puns?

Maybe we should make them more subtle, like some sort of in-cedar reference? It's not easy though, alder good ones have already been used.

• Moderators

Has anyone actually thought of the way we would fight them yet? You can piss off with your chainsaw talk. Have you ever tried cutting down a normal tree? It takes ages and ages. And all you're doing is making it shorter anyway, potentially making them more dangerous, as they'll be able to get into more places. Fire's useless at close range too, unless you're out in the open and you've got a massive flamethrower.

Maybe you're best off luring them between two high buildings and using a steel cable as a tripwire to pull them over. Then you spray petrol from the rooftops and light them up.

• Paid Members

I think this whole argument is difficult untill it's clarified what people mean when they say they "kill a tree". In reality, if you chop a tree in half the top half doesn't "die" overnight, and the bottom half will start growing again probably.

Are there some kind of rules where if you chop a tree's branches it hurts them or something?

• Moderators
I think this whole argument is difficult untill it's clarified what people mean when they say they "kill a tree". In reality, if you chop a tree in half the top half doesn't "die" overnight, and the bottom half will start growing again probably.

Are there some kind of rules where if you chop a tree's branches it hurts them or something?

I'd say they either have to be completely destroyed (ie burned or thrown in a wood chipper), or severed/split vertically, from root to tip.

3474202711_6684def2c5.jpg

Archived