18 years ago today...

AshC

The Mania 10 Rap

I wasnt a fan at the time but my cousin taped all the segments that involved Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon, Owen Hart, Bret Hart, Randy Savage (and Bob Holly for some reason) from SSeries 93 to Mania 10 which I watched a while back, it came across as a really interesting period and the booking style is something I would welcome today. The tape also featured the Bret/Owen and Razor/Shawn bouts which I thought were excellent.

Telford has an arena big enough to host a WWE card? Well blow me.

Telford? Flippin' 'eck. Mind you, WWF ran Bournemouth in 1993 - my first ever WWF show. I remember that venue being pretty damn small.

I suppose back in the day WWF did run very small arenas and high schools now I think about it. Some Raws from that time were held at such venues as the Liberty High School in New York and the Fernwood Resort in Pennsylvania. Not forgetting, of course, the tiny Manhattan Centre Ballroom in New York in 1993.

Shit, WWE ran Hull Ice Arena as recent as 2005 and that place is SMALL, man.

So small they couldn 't fit the merchandise stand inside the venue and had to have it outside. Seriously.

Weirdly have just watched an interview with Bret online where he talks about the WMX match with Owen.

Ladder Match was the highlight for me though - had never seen anything like it before. Still a great match.

Archived