Raw 19/03/2012 - Pre/Post Discussion

hbknhhh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If you want work ethic, there's hundreds of wrestlers around the US and Europe and in developmental who could work hard for you. The Miz has worked hard, fair enough, but what does that mean to the person flicking through the channels on a Monday? He's an acquired taste at the best of times. Burying him just highlights the hate for him these days.

For me, The Miz has hit the brick wall, that he was always going to. I didnt mind the Miz, but now he's just piss rotten. He comes across like an actor playing a wrestler. His shit pauses and facial expressions during his interviews do my nut in to the levels not seen since Mr. Anderson first turned face in TNA. People are sick of the Miz, yet his interview style is exactly the same as it was when he was pushed as a big star. Which suggests he's just a puppet who only knows one way of doing an interview. His promos look especially hokey when he's not a main focus. Its all well and good having your little catchphrases and dressing like a bellend when you are over and pushed heavily, but at the minute, he's dull as dishwater and his act is being exposed for what it is.

I cant see how they are going to bring Miz back from this. There's a different between burying Dolph Ziggler and The Miz. Dolph Ziggler is a talented worker and can play the game in a sense that he never looks like the world is on his shoulders when he gets the mircophone, during a spell where he isnt being as pushed as before. The likes of Ziggler, CM Punk and Daniel Bryan get whats going on when they suffer a millions defeats on the trot. The Miz is different. I dont know why. Even when he was on top, there was question marks over his look, interview skills and the way he carried himself. Now he's giving those people who slagged him off every justification. It took years for the Miz to over come that stigma of being a geek from a shit reality show. He's back to square one now. How can you redig him out of the shit now?

I can only speek for myself. For some reason, when I see Ziggler or Bryan or Punk or Alberto or someone else tasting defeat I think "I wonder when these lads will get back on track?" When I see Miz getting beat every week I think "this bloke will never recover from this".

• Paid Members

I have never rated The Miz as anything more than a solid midcarder, I never got why everybody was raving about him - as he (as Ian alluded to) is very 'cookie cutter'. Stick him in there with the big boys and it's impossible to suspend your disbelief, he looks like a wee lad doing panto/wrestling. The only time he was getting heat and looking good was when he was beating up old commentator Jerry Lawler, with the help of A-Ri and Michael Cole, or battling with the small and excellent D Bryan. He's like a Poundland Jericho.

I'm not going to shed a tear if The Miz spends the rest of his time battling it out with Kofi etc, if he doesn't improve drastically. Kevin Nash said that The Miz being champion exposes the business and I agree with what he was getting at, a rubbish reality show star beating up John Cena is awful. I like to think wrestlers spent years doing 16 ring, 80 man gauntlet battle royals, taking on 8 of the Von Erichs and having 7 of them in the claw, not being a dick on Big Brother before they get to the WWE.

• Paid Members

I don't think this is being entirely fair to The Miz, he had some great matches last year and I thought he was doing great in the run up to Wrestlemania. Also his act with R-Truth was good shit, if anything they should have kept them together longer. Both men suit the solid mid-card heel tag team level. But at this point he has nothing to offer as a singles competitor.

I'd be genuinely interested in a babyface turn, just to see what it would be like. Shit probably, but I think he dserves a second chance.

The Miz is -- or was -- great. Absolutely warranted his rise to the top, and made pretty much everything he was involved with better. He hit a bit of a wall when he was pushed into the background of the Cena-Rock feud at last year's WrestleMania. His "look at me, I'm the important one" promos at that time were good, but they didn't pull him out of the shadows. Then after WrestleMania, he just stopped winning. He got battered by Cena loads, got beaten by Riley. The tag team with R-Truth was alright, but that ultimately went nowhere. Since Christmas, he's done absolutely nothing. He was the Rumble's iron man, yet did fuck all of note in it.

And lately, he doesn't seem as interested. His promos and matches include quite a few fuck-ups these days, and he's just not elevating himself beyond the booking.

CM Punk/Jericho segment was alright. Punk has finally showed a vunerability. His normally holier-than-thou attitude and "pipe bombs" with the sole intention to humiliate his opponent in order to make himself look good (arguably the point of a promo, granted) have took a back seat to have him show this faux anger and hurt *rolls eyes.

David Otunga is truly beginning to shine for me. He's brilliant on the mic, he looks great every week (whether in his smart/casual gear or his wrestling gear, cause his physique is phenomenal) and this week his thermal was see-through!

The Rock laying the smackdown was decent. Cena was great aswell. His smirk last week looked unprofessional and unplanned. This week, his expression when Rock walked off was spot on.

Taker/HHH/HBK is tedious now. I think the Hell in a Cell was a good addition to the match but Michaels as guest ref is a bit like gimmick overkill and not needed. Them two old timers would steal the show in a normal one on one match. Trips is the best promo man in the business at the moment for me.

Daniel Bryan is on fine form too. He needs to beat Sheamus to keep this run going. Everything he touches turns to gold, he's even made AJ seem entertaining.

Too many boring fueds at Mania that have dragged on and gone stale. At least with the Rock and Cena we get something new each week.

Archived