Raw 19/03/2012 - Pre/Post Discussion

hbknhhh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One small thing I noticed on Raw (although I could be wrong, you only get a quick glimpse of it) was the Intercontinental Championship when Cody showed up. When he brought back the classic belt at Hell in a Cell, it was a new design of the old belt. The belt he carried out with him last night, I think, was the original classic IC belt. It's hard to tell though, but it does look distinctly different from the HiaC belt.

The one he brought out at HIAC was made by Joe Marshall (J-MAR) and featured a nugget texture and wider leather cut, he and the WWE shouldn't have made the belt and it was brought to their attention by the original maker and designer Reggie Parks team. Dave Millican (In association with Reggie.) made the current version and is pretty much like the old design but with the WWE logos. The replica is due to be released later this year by Figs Inc and you can get an exact copy of the belt for around $2700.

J-MAR Belt:

2rzf2gy.jpg

Dave Millican Belt:

022_1.jpg

You know, if they brought the eagle belt back, it would probably not even matter eventually. I remember thinking "oh, imagine how great it would be if they brought back the Mr. Perfect IC title!" Then they brought it back and I forgot about it after about a week.

Yep, belts are just props these days. :(

I like having the classic IC belt it physically represents a respected title to me with a rich history. Don't get me wrong I'm not jumping up and down everytime I see it but better to go back to this than any new design or new title. When I see that belt I think Mr. Perfect, Bret Hart, Steamboat, Shawn Michaels, Warrior, Razor, Diesel, Savage, Austin, Rock, HHH, Owen. The winged eagle didn't have nearly the history.(but it did have Hogan)

RAW was alright, no more than that. As much as I'm looking forward to Wrestlemania, that isn't particularly because of the buildup. I'm excited because the top two matches in particular sell themselves. The buildup has been a little aimless at times. Still think Wrestlemania 26 is the benchmark on how to build up to a big event.

The Taker/HHH/HBK promo was decent enough, though not quite the epic confrontation it was portrayed as. Triple H sold the match brilliantly with his part. Taker didn't really say anything of interest and hasn't really in this feud so far.

In the midst of his promo, which was fine, The Rock gave a really good reason for wanting to win at Mania. He said that he wanted to complete his legacy and automatically elevated Cena by comparing him to Hogan and Austin. I would've preferred him to cut the promo live though, just because I thought it was a bit of a waste of one of the few live appearances he's made for him to just come out and hit a Rock Bottom but it definitely adds something to the match. Both guys have made the match seem big time and I'm looking forward to the Rock/Cena confrontation next week.

The Punk/Jericho feud is doing it's job now and has become a lot more heated over the past couple of weeks. Jericho's promo was really good, he's truly making me want to see Punk kick his arse at Wrestlemania now, which is something that few heels are able to do for me anymore.

As for the matches, there was nothing to write home about there. Overall, I just really want to see Wrestlemania now.

I thought Raw was shit. Absolutely agree with Ian and whoever else said they've hit a wall with the build. It's complete water-treading. On the plus side, I thought Punk and Jericho were decent this week, and Rock wasn't anywhere near as shit as he has been the other weeks. A lot of his speech was alright, but I was surprised he did so little in the arena. I suppose if he's not wrestling, they don't want everyone to get sick of him, so he can't do half an hour of pandering every week, but it was still strange to see him only appear for a brief moment.

Undertaker and Michaels have never been the strongest talkers, and Triple H is keeping that one alive a bit. The whole thing reminds me a bit of when Hogan and Piper would be feuding in WCW ten years or more after their proper feud, or when TNA has two old ex-WWE (or ECW) wrestlers going "remember when we had a match when wrestling was good? LET'S HAVE ANOTHER." I never got that feeling the last three years, but I do now. Odd.

I'm not too impressed with the current writing for Miz and Ryder. I assume that it's at least leading somewhere for Miz, but it seems they've just lost interest in doing anything with Ryder.

Daniel Bryan and Sheamus must be the least important world title match in WrestleMania history. People are saying they want to hold stuff back for that feud for after WrestleMania, but there's not even a feud there at the minute. Inexcusable. They had more of a build-up for their match last year, and that wasn't even on the show.

You know, if they brought the eagle belt back, it would probably not even matter eventually. I remember thinking "oh, imagine how great it would be if they brought back the Mr. Perfect IC title!" Then they brought it back and I forgot about it after about a week.

Aye, the look of the belts doesn't matter. It's just another "everything in wrestling should be like it was when I was little" thing, it'll only excite someone the first couple of times they see it.

I disagree. Rhodes looks the bollocks with the title. He's had a fantastic IC title run.

I disagree. Rhodes looks the bollocks with the title. He's had a fantastic IC title run.

Define Fantastic as I think whilst he has held the title for 8 monthes in that time he has only defended the title on PPV three times every fued he has been in the title has been an after throught and whilst I do enjoy Cody character to say he's has had a fantastic IC title run is a bit of a strech in my eyes.

• Moderators

I forgot he was the Intercontinental Champion to be honest. I reckon they may as well deactivate it for a while, or make it Superstars exclusive or give it to NXT as their title or something.

• Paid Members
Can anyone see The Miz interfering in the Cena/Rock main event?

No. I reckon he's going to turn and be on Team Teddy.

Raw was shit. I nearly fell asleep. Let's just have Wrestlemania a week early, I can't be doing with another week of that.

Regarding the Teddy/Johnny match I reckon the best way they could play this would be to have Team Johnny beat up members of Teddy's team as they're announced.

"Listen playa, the next member of my team is... Kofi Kingston"

Twenty minutes later Kingston is found unconscious in the parking lot

After having three or four potential team members beaten to the point where they can hardly compete Teddy goes into Mania at a disadvantage and just as it looks like Teddy's done for The Miz runs out, hits a bunch of Skull Crushing Finale's and saves the day.

I don't want to see Teddy win, but if it creates a star that the fans actually care about...

• Moderators

Creates a star? What are you on about? They created a star in The Miz about 18 months ago. And he failed. Especially over the past 6 months or so, and that's mainly been the doing of himself. And who wants to see The Miz as a face? And would it even make him a big star anyway? No.

Creates a star? What are you on about? They created a star in The Miz about 18 months ago. And he failed. Especially over the past 6 months or so, and that's mainly been the doing of himself. And who wants to see The Miz as a face? And would it even make him a big star anyway? No.

What has The Miz done wrong? He's worked his ass off for the last several years, becoming a far better wrestler than he was in the beginning, getting himself in great shape, carrying himself like a star and being a great ambassador for WWE. The only thing he's done bad is not catching Truth properly that one time, but he was already in the doghouse for whatever reason. WWE just lost interest in him, it wasn't for his lack of trying. Miz isn't even one of my favourite wrestlers, but you can't deny his work ethic.

Archived