The Food Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I thought we could do with one of these.

So, anyone tried the new Philadelphia with Cadbury's chocolate yet? I don't really like Philadelphia as it's a bit plain and I've never been big on chocolate spreads, so I expected to hate this - I had to try it, though, out of curiosity.

It's really very nice, though - except it just tastes of chocolate spread and has virtually no cheese taste to it at all. It's probably to do with how tasteless Philadelphia usually is. I'd like to see them try this with Dairylea instead.

I'll probably shove some on a croissant for breakfast and then leave it in the back of the fridge and never have it again until I throw it away when it's three months past its best before date.

• Paid Members

My brother got some of that in. I had it once on some toast and enjoyed it but haven't touched it since. I don't get chocolate spread in very often, but this is nowhere near as nice as Nutella.

Just made some cake using some instant cake mix from town. Tried mixed chocolate mix and orange mix and adding two terrys chocolate orange bars then just add water and bake, didnt workout well very bland and boring should of just gotten the lemon cake mix.

I've been eating a lot of SPAM Fritters recently. They're lovely, instead of oven baking them however I like to play up to the Glaswegian stereotype by frying them. I ate two with onion rings last night and could actually feel my cholestrol go up. Worth it though.

Edited by BiffingtonClyro

I've been eating a lot of SPAM Fritters recently. They're lovely, instead of oven baking them however I like to play up to the Glaswegian stereotype by frying them. I ate two with onion rings last night and could actually feel my cholestrol go up. Worth it though.

SPAM fritters are great. One of the local chippies did them until it burnt down, and for 60p it was lunch on its own. The 'official' twaddle you can get from the supermarkets are rubbish though.

• Moderators

SPAM fritters are great. One of the local chippies did them until it burnt down, and for 60p it was lunch on its own. The 'official' twaddle you can get from the supermarkets are rubbish though.

A local chip shop does a mushy pea fritter. I was amazed to discover how awesome it was.

• Paid Members

We used to have them at junior school. They were one of the few things that were edible. Not sure I'd like them now, though.

Also, had some chocolate Philadelphia on a digestive before. Splendid. Next stop tomorrow - croissant.

A few years ago myself and some mates made a scotch pork pie. Take a mini pork pie, cover in sausage meat and breadcrumbs, deep fry it and presto. It was prett fucking grim actually, since the oil just soked into the pie crust, because we didn't seal them with enough meat. We also scotched some scotch eggs, so there was twice the amount of meat. All of this came about because a friend bought a big industrial deep fryer from an auction, I still can't believe he cooked a whole turkey in it. We had to wheel it out from his garage and set it up in his garden because he nearly burned down his garage the first time he used it, because there was still ice in the sausage meat.

• Paid Members
A few years ago myself and some mates made a scotch pork pie. Take a mini pork pie, cover in sausage meat and breadcrumbs, deep fry it and presto. It was prett fucking grim actually, since the oil just soked into the pie crust, because we didn't seal them with enough meat. We also scotched some scotch eggs, so there was twice the amount of meat. All of this came about because a friend bought a big industrial deep fryer from an auction, I still can't believe he cooked a whole turkey in it. We had to wheel it out from his garage and set it up in his garden because he nearly burned down his garage the first time he used it, because there was still ice in the sausage meat.

That might explain some things. Me and my mate were frying different stuff in it years ago (about 2007) but when we put frozen sausages in it gave off a fume that fucking killed our eyes. We had no idea why, it just really stung. Why can't you deep fry ice? Is there some mad science behind it?