WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 3/16/2012

ThePhenom

Yeah, Bryan/Sheamus can run for another month when they make it personal rather than competitive. No way it's going to Summerslam, though.

I don't know about that. The Randy Orton/Christian feud went on for about four years. Smackdown is no stranger to stretching feuds out well past the point where they've stopped being effective.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I can see them using this years draft to re-establish the brand extention. It was never going to be a full time thing anyway. Or then again, they might just stay how it is. I can see a lot of people being lost in the shuffle post Mania. Putting people on seperate brands seems like a decent way of reorganising things. Personally, I'm not fussed either way. There's positives in both. And I've prefered having everyone on the one show.

• Paid Members
If they do a draft in April like usual, hopefully that will prevent that situation.

A draft would seem virtually pointless this year, what with the SmackDown guys all over Raw as it is.

It's already been announced. Raw on 23rd April in Detroit.

And Pitcos, fair point, although I think Christian/Orton was significantly padded due to Edge being unexpectedly taken out of the picture. Bryan/Sheamus doesn't seem like it'd run for that long though, especially as if it gets more heated, it'd be hard to do anything other than blow it off at Extreme Rules given that it has to be a stipulation match.

If they do a draft in April like usual, hopefully that will prevent that situation.

A draft would seem virtually pointless this year, what with the SmackDown guys all over Raw as it is.

And Pitcos, fair point, although I think Christian/Orton was significantly padded due to Edge being unexpectedly taken out of the picture. Bryan/Sheamus doesn't seem like it'd run for that long though, especially as if it gets more heated, it'd be hard to do anything other than blow it off at Extreme Rules given that it has to be a stipulation match.

Someone said this before but failed to provide a link to prove it. Do you have a link? I've not seen this anywhere.

(Not trying to be a dick, but the number of times someone has stated something as fact when in fact they've got it from dubious newz site is increasing...)

Whether they do a draft or merge the rosters, I'd wish they'd pick one and stick to as oppose to flirting between the two.

• Paid Members

The brand extension only seems to have any effect when it comes to who challenges for which titles, but that's still enough to prevent the never ending feud situation from developing here.

• Paid Members

Someone said this before but failed to provide a link to prove it. Do you have a link? I've not seen this anywhere.

(Not trying to be a dick, but the number of times someone has stated something as fact when in fact they've got it from dubious newz site is increasing...)

Whether they do a draft or merge the rosters, I'd wish they'd pick one and stick to as oppose to flirting between the two.

this is a fair point, I know that Raw is confirmed as three hours but not specifically for a draft...

• Paid Members
I can see them using this years draft to re-establish the brand extention.

Apart from the first couple of years, they've always pretty much stuck to two brands after the reshuffle and then after 6 months when they've ran out of ideas, they start crossing over and by WM season, it's practically forgotten. Rinse and repeat.

• Paid Members

this is a fair point, I know that Raw is confirmed as three hours but not specifically for a draft...

It's on Wikipedia, with Lords of Pain as a source. Make of that what you will.

Loads of matches in cages, cells, last man standing, I Quit etc etc don't end the feuds now.

It's on Wikipedia, with Lords of Pain as a source. Make of that what you will.

Well this is what I see on LordOfPain (taken five days ago):

"PWInsider reports that there has been early talk of doing the WWE Draft in late April or early May but there is no strong timeline of when it will happen."

So in otherwords... if this report has any ligit source, it's far from definite and nowhere close to official.

Archived