WWE Smackdown - *Spoilers* For 3/16/2012

ThePhenom

• Paid Members
He should stop coming back - he looks like a hungry grandad, with his wizened up old raisin face.

He should adopt a Jedi gimmick. Convince monsters like Kane not to batter him senseless for a prior transgression just by passing his hand subtly across their field of vision and stating "you will let me about my business." Force his opponent to send themselves flying into the turnbuckles/railing/stairs with a Force push, that sort of thing. Then take some low level like Trent Barretta as his apprentice.

But it all goes tits up when Trent is seduced by the Dark Side.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He should stop coming back - he looks like a hungry grandad, with his wizened up old raisin face.

He should adopt a Jedi gimmick. Convince monsters like Kane not to batter him senseless for a prior transgression just by passing his hand subtly across their field of vision and stating "you will let me about my business." Force his opponent to send themselves flying into the turnbuckles/railing/stairs with a Force push, that sort of thing. Then take some low level like Trent Barretta as his apprentice.

But it all goes tits up when Trent is seduced by the Dark Side.

I remember seeing a clip of Midlands wrestler Falcon use "the force" on his opponent during a charity show. Can't remember his opponent, but seeing him give him self a "force" powerbomb was quite humurous.

Sheamus just doesn't have any momentum. In recent years the Royal Rumble winners have had something going into the match if it was a comeback (HHH), surprise appearance (Edge, John Cena), a good friend dying (Rey Mysterio) or a red hot storyline (Randy Orton). Sheamus had none of these things.

He wasn't even getting a real push, he wasn't even a bit player in the Wade Barrett/ Orton feud, he just fought Jinder Mahal who wasn't over and hadn't won a match over anyone other than Ted DiBiase. Then he won the Rumble and took another month off talking about Irish donkeys and blokes named Paddy.

On the other hand, Daniel Bryan has gone from strength to strength as the little prick. But now it seems like he's more interested in slagging off AJ than berating Sheamus, which is what made him brilliant in the first place.

• Paid Members

Quite enjoyed Smackdown this week. Several feuds got some much-needed advancement, especially Orton/Kane. Liked Jericho's promo too. Mainn event was a little sluggish but well-put together and everything else outside of the divas match was pretty good. Thumbs up.

• Paid Members
Daniel Bryan was again spectacular. His celebrations when AJ won were fantastic. I really hope he wins at Wrestlemania.

"Pay attention to her! PAY ATTENTION TO HER!!"

And after the match:

"Now if you would have listened to me that would have gone a lot smoother..."

Love D-Bry!!

From Daniel Bryan's facebook page:

I wanted to publicly share some things that AJ can do to make herself a better Diva:

1. Be taller. Not sure how? How about trading in those Chuck Taylors for a nice pair of heels?

2. Adopt a strict vegan lifestyle to stay mentally and physically fit. Maybe if you stop eating eggs, you

• Paid Members
Quite enjoyed Smackdown this week. Several feuds got some much-needed advancement, especially Orton/Kane. Liked Jericho's promo too. Mainn event was a little sluggish but well-put together and everything else outside of the divas match was pretty good. Thumbs up.

Pretty much a shorter version of what I was going to say, this. After a couple of poorer weeks, Smackdown was much more watchable this week, and advanced the feuds that need TV time but get overshadowed by Rock/Cena and HHH/Taker/HBK on Raw. Even the divas match did have Daniel Bryan being absolutely brilliant at ringside, the random filler for me was Mark Henry vs Yoshi Tatsu.

CM Punk with his crazy hair and beard, and Luke Gallows, made me notice the choice of From The Vault match as well.

I thought it was alright, Daniel Bryan was by far the highlight of the show for me. Him being involved in that women's match actually convinced me to watch it. What I will say though, he is great, but I still don't have any reason to want to see him Vs. Sheamus. It still feels like a throw away lower mid card match to me, and with only one more Smackdown (The one before WM will be the Axcess show that we probably won't even get) I fear that it's too late for it to change now. Kane really needs to stay away from the mic as well, he's pretty shit.

I thought it was alright, Daniel Bryan was by far the highlight of the show for me. Him being involved in that women's match actually convinced me to watch it. What I will say though, he is great, but I still don't have any reason to want to see him Vs. Sheamus. It still feels like a throw away lower mid card match to me, and with only one more Smackdown (The one before WM will be the Axcess show that we probably won't even get) I fear that it's too late for it to change now. Kane really needs to stay away from the mic as well, he's pretty shit.

I get the feeling with Bryan/Sheamus that it's just the start of their feud rather than the blowoff. With Rock/Cena on top this year they seem to have just let this one simmer rather than shoehorn in an epic rivalry between them just because it's Mania. Hopefully these two will start a real blood feud to end at SummerSlam.

I get the feeling with Bryan/Sheamus that it's just the start of their feud rather than the blowoff. With Rock/Cena on top this year they seem to have just let this one simmer rather than shoehorn in an epic rivalry between them just because it's Mania. Hopefully these two will start a real blood feud to end at SummerSlam.

Exactly. Everyone seems to become too obsessed with fueds ending at mania, when in reality very few fueds end there.

Archived