50/50 Chance You Die Or Develop A Superpower

Steve Justice

50/50 Chance You Die Or Develop A Superpower  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I remember in an episode of Bernard's Watch, Bernard walked into a supermarket and picked up some groceries only to find that there was a massive queue. He promptly pressed his watch to stop time and proceeded to scan the fucking items through and pay for the food! What a wanker. The watch's special powers were wasted on him.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember in an episode of Bernard's Watch, Bernard walked into a supermarket and picked up some groceries only to find that there was a massive queue. He promptly pressed his watch to stop time and proceeded to scan the fucking items through and pay for the food! What a wanker. The watch's special powers were wasted on him.

Not as such. There was an episode where some smarmy fecker in his class was bragging about how prepared he was for a test. Bernard being a little tike had not revised at all. So he waited til the other kid wrote down all the answers, stopped time, copied him then rubbed out three of the other boy's answers so he would be cream of the crop.

Excellent heelwork, Bernard.

Depends what type of superpower I'd get. Fuck risking your life just to end up with something gay like the ability to breathe underwater. If you offered something like being able to fly or invisibility*, I'd seriously consider it.

This was basically my attitude to it. Ideally, I'd be after something like invulnerability or super strength. The thought that it might be something as crap as, say, X-Ray vision hadn't crossed my mind (which is why I voted yes).

If the prize was loads of money I

I voted undecided, because it's purely circumstantial. I wouldn't be willing to risk dying when it would leave my wife and son alone. If I lost everything or had a life threatening illness, then yes I would. The super power, no matter how shit or great it may be, would be something no other human could do, and would be life changing.

It's difficult to say what super power I would like. I'd quite like X-Ray vision, the military would be able to utilise my abilities. Plus I could have a wank at girls undressing or shitting and they wouldn't know

• Paid Members

See, i think death is a bit much.

If the question was along the lines of..

Its 50/50, you could either get an awesome super power, such as flying, or x-ray vision to look through walls of a hot lasses bathroom.... or, you could randomly end up with a shit mutation, such as every wednesday you cant walk forwards, only backwards or sideways... or everytime you were talking to a hot lass, the smell of vegetable dinner farts entered the room.

then i may vote.

• Paid Members

Fucking definitely. A chance to get some kind of power with the possibility to use for either helping mankind, smiting my enemies or greedy personal gain (or a bit of all three) and all I have to give is the possibility of blessed release from my current lot, best described as tedious at best? Where do I sign?

Don't worry, I'm not a genuine suicide watch case, but things are pretty beige at the minute.

• Paid Members

Not as such. There was an episode where some smarmy fecker in his class was bragging about how prepared he was for a test. Bernard being a little tike had not revised at all. So he waited til the other kid wrote down all the answers, stopped time, copied him then rubbed out three of the other boy's answers so he would be cream of the crop.

Excellent heelwork, Bernard.

He also used the watch to cheat whilst playing football. Our Bernard was a goalkeeper and did not like losing so he kept the watch with him and saved every single shot he faced.

This unbelievable ability to always be in the right place led one old man who had a look of i'm not legally allowed to be this close to children to say ''he'll play for England that lad''.

The Japanese would know what to do with that watch.

Archived