Do WWE wrestlers get paid too much?

Jetta's G-string

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Any half-decent professional wrestler getting into the business today must be devastated that they weren't born 15 years earlier. In the mid-nineties being a wrestler must have been the best gig in the world. Nowadays you've really got to have a passion for the business to even bother having a crack at it, nobody is getting into it for the money anymore.

Any half-decent professional wrestler getting into the business today must be devastated that they weren't born 15 years earlier. In the mid-nineties being a wrestler must have been the best gig in the world. Nowadays you've really got to have a passion for the business to even bother having a crack at it, nobody is getting into it for the money anymore.

On Topic Trivia- Why did Roddy Pipper walk slowly to the ring?

• Paid Members

Yeah. I listened to a Christian interview before, which was eye opening to how great being even a mid level talent must have been. He was talking about him being Gangrel's lacky for a few weeks, before the Brood got together. He was new to the business, yet he was working 15,000 seat venues a night and getting paid really good money. When the business is hot, even nobodies are making good money. With ECW, WCW and the WWF, you have to think a good 150 workers were in full time employment. Nailz must have been pissing himself laughing, watching it on telly.

• Paid Members

From a couple of shoots people have said WWE make sure the downsides are worked for the lower guys to make sure they work for what they get paid.

If no one's been used for a while they will bundle them on a load of house shows to use them for a bit and then drop them off again.

Barry Windham says in one that when he was at home during his run as the stalker he wasn't getting paid, only getting money when he worked or a final payoff when the contract expired, that may be an old setup now though.

Sandman says on one, possible his youshoot, the biggest pay day he's had from wrestling was for the Smackdown game he was on. Kid Kash also said in an interview, I believe with powerslam, how WWE were still sending him through good royalty payments for things well after he had left which were keeping him happy.

Do most talent still have to pay for their own travel and the like, I'm sure they did at one time which was a gripe for some guys on top of the travel who weren't making the top end in interviews and such.

• Paid Members
Do most talent still have to pay for their own travel and the like, I'm sure they did at one time which was a gripe for some guys on top of the travel who weren't making the top end in interviews and such.

The top talent and selected legends have written in their contract that the WWE pay for their travel. For instance, Big Show gets driven around on a bus and Kane gets first class flights. The wrestlers lower down pay for all their own stuff though. I remember reading an interview with Chuck Palumbo, in Powerslam, and he said after road expenses he was only making a mid-to-low five figure number.

A former WWE employee who is definately in the know said "John Cena makes $25,000,000 per year" Which i thought was very much on the high side? Not that he had any reason to lie? I thought the top earners got between 1 to 3 million dollars?

Fuck me! Where did you hear that, shite? There's not a chance he makes $25 million a year for wrestling and a few endorcements.

The last I read, Cena's best year was $5 million.

Dont really want to grass on the person to be honest. It was at a seminar that was really good & he is a top bloke/wrestler. To give you a clue, He has a little mate under the ring & Loves to "Foight" ;)

You start the post claiming you don't want to grass on the mystery man, because he's a nice guy. A couple of sentences later and you're giving the most obvious clue imaginable.

Archived