Do WWE wrestlers get paid too much?

Jetta's G-string

• Paid Members
A former WWE employee who is definately in the know said "John Cena makes $25,000,000 per year" Which i thought was very much on the high side? Not that he had any reason to lie? I thought the top earners got between 1 to 3 million dollars?

Im not saying its bollox, but its sounds bollox.

Saying that, who knows, he is clearly making them a fortune.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A former WWE employee who is definately in the know said "John Cena makes $25,000,000 per year" Which i thought was very much on the high side? Not that he had any reason to lie? I thought the top earners got between 1 to 3 million dollars?

No way! Maybe $25m from beginning of his acreer until now, but not in one year.

I'm sure Austin's best year was $5m, can't remember where I saw that though.

• Paid Members

Austin's best year was $13 million during a period where you could buy his t-shirts at every store in America and he was selling PPV's every month and reaping the benefits of the incredible PPV and house show bonuses. In 2012, in the last few years, WWE have done everything from cutting pyro to experimenting with taping a Raw after a live episode to cut costs. They arent in a position to be paying one performer such figures.

Austin's best year was $13 million (if you even believe that), Hogan's was $8 million and Cena's is $5 million. Its a different world to when its hot. Cena makes huge money, considering they've tightened the shoe strings the last 6 or 7 years. But he's miles away from the big money earners of the boom period.

Fuck me! Where did you hear that, shite? There's not a chance he makes $25 million a year for wrestling and a few endorcements.

The last I read, Cena's best year was $5 million.

Dont really want to grass on the person to be honest. It was at a seminar that was really good & he is a top bloke/wrestler. To give you a clue, He has a little mate under the ring & Loves to "Foight" ;)

Lower carders make fuck all these days. I read an interview with Chuck Palumbo and mentioned he was making just about six figures. It sounds tasty but after tax and living on the road it left him with hardly anything.

WWE make millions a year so its fair the top attractions get paid good money.

Helms talking about the

• Paid Members

Even if Vince himself appeared on TV and said 'John Cena makes $25 million a year', I wouldn't believe it. Finlay's either confused or he's bullshitting. He might have been referring to the money that John pulls in for the company through headlining PPV's, house shows and merchandise, but there's zero chance that he's taking that much home himself.

Even if Vince himself appeared on TV and said 'John Cena makes $25 million a year', I wouldn't believe it. Finlay's either confused or he's bullshitting. He might have been referring to the money that John pulls in for the company through headlining PPV's, house shows and merchandise, but there's zero chance that he's taking that much home himself.

He definately said "Earns a year" & you would think he was in the know? If he was bullshitting, He came across as very honest about everything else he talked about?

• Paid Members

Finlay's the same bloke who went on Nancy Grace and said the exact opposite of what WWE.com wrote on their website thinking he was being helpful, though. Nobody ever accused Finlay of knowing what he was talking about on the business side of things. If he did, he wouldnt have sent a heel out during the nation anthem as the national guard was at ringside. He's obviously a bit dim when its comes to WWE's business structure.

• Paid Members

Assuming the "wrestlers get 15% of house show revenue" rate also applies to all the stuff wrestlers get paid for (house shows, PPV, merchandise, but not TV), then total payouts to wrestlers last year should have been about $42 million (though actually a bit lower when you take out generic WWE merchandise and licensing that isn't character specific.) So there's no way in hell Cena's ever getting $25 million.

He definately said "Earns a year" & you would think he was in the know? If he was bullshitting, He came across as very honest about everything else he talked about?

Short of working in the area that deals out the pay or stealing Cen'a wage slip, how exactly would he truly know? I have no idea how much my managers or collegues at work earn, I have a general idea but don't really know. Sounds like BS to me,

• Paid Members
Lower carders make fuck all these days. I read an interview with Chuck Palumbo and mentioned he was making just about six figures. It sounds tasty but after tax and living on the road it left him with hardly anything.

And that's if you're even on the road. I remember after Psicosis went nuts and got fired it was reported that he'd been sent home to "grow a Pancho Villa moustache" and was living off his $600 a week downside.

No wonder he went mental. Especially if Cena was making $25 Million a year! (he wasn't)

Archived