Do WWE wrestlers get paid too much?

Jetta's G-string

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and many times i've heard people say 'oh those amercan wrestlers make tonnes of money'.

I've heard alot of things said about wrestling, but i've NEVER heard this.

I have. Though obviously it depends on the wrestler. The likes of Orton, hhh, cena, taker, Austin. Rock etc do make a shitload.

Is it too much? Not really for me to say though I think the pay gap between your top guy and bottom guy is ginormous and possibly unfair.

• Paid Members

They should definitely be saving their money. Most of them seem happy enough just to say they are wrestlers (LIKE STEAMBOAT WAS!~). As long as they can frame replica belts and put them on the wall, like they'd actually won them and put a figure of themselves on a shelf, its all good. They all get paid the same anyway, because only the people in the Orton, Punk, Big Show and above level are getting paid big money. The likes of Ziggler, Cody and the likes are on shit downside guarentees, from whats been said. You have to be high on the card on PPV and house shows and have a lot of merch on the market before you can make big money these days.

The marks are now the wrestlers these days. Just because you act like a big star, doesnt mean you are. About 90% of the wrestling business is replaceable. They have a conveyor belt of wrestlers in developmental desperate to see the people on Raw and Smackdown fall off their perch.

I feel considering how much they work they really don't get paid that much in comparison to other athletes and entertainers who are on TV and perform.

As I said above, though, if they dont like it, there's thousands of other wrestlers around the world just waiting to say "I'll do his job".

• Paid Members

I feel its fair enough for the big earners to earn big money. As stated by someone above, other TV stars are paid very well, they dont however face the same problems that wrestlers do (injuries/travel/lack of seeing family etc).

Also, TV stars can leave their employer and seek work with another, from a large selection, e.g - leave eastenders to join emmerdale, corronation street or basically anything you want.

Wrestlers are one trick ponies in reality, apart from TNA, or MMA, the options become less fruitful, so saving money is key as Barbs stated.

• Paid Members

If I heard right recently, WWE wrestlers as a whole get about 15 percent of the total company revenue. I'd be interested in hearing the example from other forms of star-based sports or entertainment that suggests that's too much.

• Paid Members
A former WWE employee who is definately in the know said "John Cena makes $25,000,000 per year" Which i thought was very much on the high side? Not that he had any reason to lie? I thought the top earners got between 1 to 3 million dollars?

Fuck me! Where did you hear that, shite? There's not a chance he makes $25 million a year for wrestling and a few endorcements.

The last I read, Cena's best year was $5 million.

Archived