Half Decent Television That Isn't Exactly Class

IANdrewDiceClay

I would think Game On was excellent if series two and three were up to the standard of series 1. They're not in my opinion. The show lost alot when Ben Chaplin left, he really was a terrific performer in it, especially when he started having the breakdown whilst performing with his band!

I remember being interested in The Thin Red Line because it had the man from Game On in, and it was the most boring film ever. I wish he'd left to do terrible Rowan Atkinson sitcom The Thin Blue Line.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Bad Girls is the definition of this thread title. I loved it as a kid and was gutted when it ended, even though by the end it had became an over-the-top piece of crap.

• Paid Members
Was never a big Brush Strokes fan, but yeah, Howard Lew Lewis was a star turn.

Googled him as a result of this (our region has an MEP that is the spit of him, but I can never remember his name, which i why I googled him, which is kind of beside the point) and got this:

In 2004, he featured in the BBC pilot sitcom, Elmo Putney: PI. This Brush Strokes spin off recast accident-prone and dimwitted Putney in the unfamiliar role of private investigator. The pilot was not successful and the series was not commissioned.

That's surely not true, right?

• Paid Members
Prison Break fits the bill, for me. It wasn't that good, but there was always enough going on to keep me interested. And the awesomeness of T-Bag and Mahone was good enough to cancel out all the shite.

I loved the first two seasons, the third less so. However, the last season belongs in Vice's thread. Total shit.

• Paid Members
Prison Break fits the bill, for me. It wasn't that good, but there was always enough going on to keep me interested. And the awesomeness of T-Bag and Mahone was good enough to cancel out all the shite.

I loved the first two seasons, the third less so. However, the last season belongs in Vice's thread. Total shit.

I'll second this. Loved Series One, Two was still good, Three was weak but still entertaining, Four left me feeling pissed off that I'd ever bothered watching it at all.

The wife and I are really in to Take Me Out right now, it's not the usual thing I'd watch but I'm completely obsessed with Gracie's love life, or lack thereof. It's tragic because she's clearly a nice person with a good heart but the guys always end up picking the boring makeup drenched slapper instead.

Paddy McGuinness is a prick though.

• Paid Members
It's tragic because she's clearly a nice person with a good heart but the guys always end up picking the boring makeup drenched slapper instead.

Last weekend the Star printed a pic of young Gracie sans specs, big hair and dolled up, and she looked every bit as hot as any of the make-up drenched slappers. She's my favourite, even moreso now Charlotte is gone. I liked her because she seemed a bit mad.

McGuinness needs to get out of the habit of laughing at his jokes.

• Paid Members
McGuinness needs to get out of the habit of laughing at his jokes.

ITV have informed him they dont want any dead air on the programme, though.

That made me snort loud enough to wake the dog.

• Paid Members
i quite liked season four of prison break. mainly just because the insanity of it all you had no idea what would happen next

Once you get over the fact that it jumped the shark and went nuts then it became quite enjoyable with the millions turns ler episode.

There's plenty of modern day US drama shows that fall into this category, that usually end up getting cancelled. Tru Calling, V and Ghost Whisperer spring to mind as things I've watched most of, but didn't mind if I missed an episode or three. Or in the case of Ghost Whisperer, a couple of seasons in the middle.

Being Human. I'd be tempted to put this in the "really good" category, but it's probably more suited to here. One thing British TV seems to do better than US TV is high concept, sci-fi/fantasy, comedy-drama. Although I saw trailers for something on MTV called Death Valley that might be alright... Is it?

Archived