Smackdown discussion for March 9

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Sheamus definitely needs to be more of a manic warrior. His current act does nothing for me and i want to like him and know i would if he was presented a bit differently. I seriously hate his neat and tidy beard and gelled spikey hair too. I will constantly mention this until it changes.

It's interesting what the result of their match will be though. Bryans act is over and it isn't ready to have the Belt taken away from it. That needs to build and build. Sheamus could have been the ideal guy to eventually take the belt from him down the line, with a good build behind him. That time doesn't feel like it should be now though. It feels to me that a Sheamus win won't actually do much for either of them, as Sheamus hasn't really had much of a chase. He's been breezing through people with no real struggle or interest. Had he been challenging Menry, that would be quite different. However, Sheamus losing could cut his legs off and kill any momentum he might be collecting, even if he loses through shady means. Maybe they'll just get bumped off the card altogether again.

When Orton and Kane got involved in the Teddy-Johnny issue this week, i hoped and presumed they were going to become a part of whatever match occurs from that and be respective representatives of the GMs. Which i thought would be a smart move, especially Orton being a potential star/captain pick for T-Lo. But then the end made it seem like it wasn't and i was gutted again.

Kane, Ziggler, Swagger, Otunga vs Orton, Kofi, Truth and Santino could be alright. I'd have liked Henry and Show to be in there too to be honest and with that, Cody as he's now involved with Show and i think that'd be better than a singles match between them. Looks like Khali and McIntrye could be in there now though.

• Paid Members

A D Bryan JBL/HTM-style run with the title is where it's at. When you consider how dead the crowd was for him for most of last year, it's a remarkable turnaround. Yeah, he's never going to be John Cena, but he's delivered (and then some) when WWE have given him 'the ball'.

I don't think Sheamus losing is that bad for him. Nobody is arsed if he wins anyway (apart from Butch). It would be one thing is the crowd were really into him and he had momentum, but the fella has little of both. I'd have Bryan cheat his way out of it - although, sadly, the finish will probably involve AJ screwing the man.

I'd keep the title on Bryan until Summer Slam, personally. Have him drop it to Orton.

Bryan was gold again this week. I'm really not sure what they have planned for Mania. I figured Sheamus was a lock to win the belt but I completely agree that it would be great to keep the belt on Bry a fair bit longer and go for a serious build to a title change down the line. Of course in a perfect world that time would be now, but they've kind of hot-shotted Sheamus into this position and it just feels a bit too soon for a classic Mania Moment.

Oh and anyone who said that Bryan was shit as a Face has a short memory. He did bugger-all for a fair while, but that wasn't his fault. The last time he got a strong push as a Face was during his feud with Miz over the US Title. He got really over then and they built to the title change really well. It's hard to show anything when you are a complete afterthought, and even then he had good TV matches with everyone he worked with most weeks, even if he was losing.

Sheamus definitely needs to be more of a manic warrior. His current act does nothing for me and i want to like him and know i would if he was presented a bit differently. I seriously hate his neat and tidy beard and gelled spikey hair too. I will constantly mention this until it changes.

Do you want him to look like one of the Highlanders?

It's interesting what the result of their match will be though. Bryans act is over and it isn't ready to have the Belt taken away from it. That needs to build and build. Sheamus could have been the ideal guy to eventually take the belt from him down the line, with a good build behind him. That time doesn't feel like it should be now though. It feels to me that a Sheamus win won't actually do much for either of them, as Sheamus hasn't really had much of a chase. He's been breezing through people with no real struggle or interest. Had he been challenging Menry, that would be quite different. However, Sheamus losing could cut his legs off and kill any momentum he might be collecting, even if he loses through shady means. Maybe they'll just get bumped off the card altogether again.

It seems that the story they are trying to tell (or sell) is the very simple one -- that Bryan has weaselled his way past everyone, but can mighty Sheamus be the one to stop him? It's not really dependent on there being much of a "chase" for Sheamus, as much as it's about wanting to see Bryan get beat. Sheamus as a contender definitely would work way better with Henry, or if Bryan had had a longer title reign. I think Sheamus' previous title reigns work against it, too. If this was his potential first big title, it'd make up for a lot of the shortcomings. But he's been WWE champion at least twice before. Regardless, I think you're right that Sheamus can't afford to lose... But if he does, they'll definitely have to write a proper storyline for him for spring and summer. If he's just squashing Mahal and co again, he's ruined.

Bryan's been awesome for months now. His technical ability is first class and as previously mentioned how he's weaseled his way through everyone is brilliant, his using of AJ (who I think is excellent too) has been a touch of genius too. The thing I like about the 'Mania fued is that both have been unbeaten for months now, Seamus plowing through everyone Bryan being technically better yet smaller than all his counterparts so he's had to find other methods of getting past challengers.

I love David Otunga, he's so smug with his thermal and his dickie bow. He's also class on the mic. I think a tag match with Santino/Long vs Otunga/Ace would be the best bet as the card is very singles match heavy.

No praise for the US Title match? I really enjoyed it, and was surprised it got more than about three minutes, cage match or not. I don't think he's brilliant or anything, but anyone who still thinks Santino is a bad worker is just wrong.

I also liked Drew beating the shit out of Hornswoggle, although am certainly less of a fan when it comes to Khali doing anything.

Bryan's been awesome for months now. His technical ability is first class and as previously mentioned how he's weaseled his way through everyone is brilliant, his using of AJ (who I think is excellent too) has been a touch of genius too. The thing I like about the 'Mania fued is that both have been unbeaten for months now, Seamus plowing through everyone Bryan being technically better yet smaller than all his counterparts so he's had to find other methods of getting past challengers.

I love David Otunga, he's so smug with his thermal and his dickie bow. He's also class on the mic. I think a tag match with Santino/Long vs Otunga/Ace would be the best bet as the card is very singles match heavy.

If thats the GM match though then where do the likes of Ziggler, Swagger, Truth, Kofi, Miz, Henry, etc get on the card? I would of added Del Rio & Christian in that group but seeing as they havnt been on tv for the past few weeks then i doubt they will even be on the card. Surley its going to be a big multi man match at mania for the GM rights?

No praise for the US Title match? I really enjoyed it, and was surprised it got more than about three minutes, cage match or not. I don't think he's brilliant or anything, but anyone who still thinks Santino is a bad worker is just wrong.

I also liked Drew beating the shit out of Hornswoggle, although am certainly less of a fan when it comes to Khali doing anything.

I thought the Santino / Swagger match on Raw was really good also.

Hard to decide who I'd rather see in a match less, Khali or Hornswoggle. I think Khali. I assume we will get Drew vs. Khali at some point though.

I thought the Santino / Swagger match on Raw was really good also.

Hard to decide who I'd rather see in a match less, Khali or Hornswoggle. I think Khali. I assume we will get Drew vs. Khali at some point though.

Its the Wrestlemania moment we've all been waiting for.

Yeah I thought the Cage match was really good, and i'll be gutted if Sheamus wins at Wrestlemania, his momentum seems to be decreasing. Daniel Bryan, however is the best thing going in WWE. YES!

• Paid Members

The Orton/Kane storyline is wafer thin isn't it? They just keep beating each other up every week :confused: I get that their match is a WrestleMania after-thought and we still have a few weeks of build left, but an explanation would've been nice by now.

• Paid Members
The Orton/Kane storyline is wafer thin isn't it? They just keep beating each other up every week :confused: I get that their match is a WrestleMania after-thought and we still have a few weeks of build left, but an explanation would've been nice by now.

Someone either in last week's Smackdown thread or this week's Raw thread suggested Kane vs Orton should be Falls Count Anywhere, just to add something different to the card, and the end of the show here certainly suggested they might go that way.

I see Orton winning at WrestleMania then getting drafted back to Raw. He's done everything there is to do as Smackdown figurehead over the last year, and assuming Sheamus wins the belt, he could get new challengers from Raw in the draft.

As much as I like Daniel Bryan, and would have loved a JBL style title run from him, WrestleMania is his time to lose I reckon...

Archived