Smackdown discussion for March 9

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Didnt see much of the show, but I just watched the Sheamus and Daniel Bryan interview segment and pissed my sides. "Shut up AJ", indeed. Bryan and Sheamus is a simple little story, but I'm looking forward to it. If it is the opener, they are guarenteed about 15 minutes, so its not all bad. People are talking about Jericho and Punk being a great match, but I think given the time, Sheamus and Bryan could tear it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhphzS3t3rg...player_embedded

"If anything she's gotten in the way ... and I mean that literally sweetheart". What a man Daniel Bryan is.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

From what I saw of him in RoH and other indies, Bryan was always a tremendous heel character and a rather dull face. It made sense to introduce him as a babyface when he arrived in WWE, because he was the 'internet darling' and had that particular section of the audience behind him from the get go, but I always felt that it would take a heel turn for him to show what he was really capable of. He's been amazing since the turn, but I'm not surprised in the slightest.

"AJ, shut up," is superb. :laugh:

A few months ago, I said to my mate, that I hoped Daniel Bryan would fuck off sooner rather than later. Now, he is one of my favourite superstars to watch. Brilliant heel.

I enjoyed Bryan and Sheamus' talking bit, but there's still nothing to their feud. When Bryan spat in Sheamus' face a few weeks back, that should've been the start of something, but it just got forgotten and they're not even pretending to have any real issue.

• Paid Members

I think Lenny and Chuck may be getting their D Bryan merch out for Wrestlemania. The man is the best thing going today, daddy.

It's a shameful thing that Sheamus isn't interesting though. I hope he loses and the man with charisma and undeniable sex appeal wins.

• Paid Members

Yeah, that segment made me realise that Sheamus is pretty dull on the mic, isn't he? Next to Bryan he certainly is anyway. I think he needs more intensity and to stop coming out with generic babyface phrases: "I'm lucky to be out in front of all of these people here tonight!" Ugh.

As others have mentioned though, Bryan is gold.

It's so typical of modern day WWE though. You take a big heel like Sheamus, he's getting over as a take no shit ass kicker, he's starting to get cheered, so WWE turn him, however instead of just letting him be, they make him a happy smiling generic babyface. They do it all the time, I just dont get it. They ruined John Morrison by turning him face, they've regressed Sheamus, it's only Orton whos really been able to keep his whole character.

On the other hand, there's Daniel Bryan, who was your generic babyface, they've turned him heel, let him come out a bit, and he's amazing. Problem is tho, he'll get cheered again soon and become just another generic babyface.

I mean, let's take Sheamus, Kofi Kingston, Ezekiel Jackson, Tyson Kidd, Big Show, what's the difference between them? Asife from look and moveset of course they.all have the exact same gimmick, they come out all happy smiley, slapping hands etc, there's no gimmick there, its dull.

It's something that's been bothering me for a while now, at least in TNA, for all its faults, every big star has his own thing and can be himself somewhat.

Sheamus definitely wasn't a "take no shit ass kicker" before he turned face. And Morrison was just a moveset really, he was only ever good for stunts (which work better as a babyface) and tag wrestling to hide his weaknesses. Heels are always going to be more interesting to stage-two fans.

I liked Smackdown this week, and Daniel Bryan is the star for me. But Sheamus, I think half the reason I don't feel like watching him vs. Bryan is because he came out of nowhere. One minute he was in a half hearted feud with Jinder 'no heat in 6 months' Mahal and then he won the Royal Rumble. It really came out of nowhere and I feel he was getting over but this is too much for the time being.

I'd rather Orton vs. Bryan and Sheamus vs. Kane, or Sheamus vs. Mark Henry, I feel that feud was killed too quickly for some reason.

I'd rather Orton vs. Bryan and Sheamus vs. Kane, or Sheamus vs. Mark Henry, I feel that feud was killed too quickly for some reason.

I actually really like the possibility of Sheamus vs Kane, definitely moreso than Orton vs Kane. The reason the Sheamus-Henry feud in the summer was cut off was to protect both from a proper loss. I'd like to see a proper feud between them, although a lot of Henry's aura is fucked now since the senseless losses.

Archived