The Worst of Television

Vice

• Paid Members

Babes in the Wood! I remember that. The bloke from Brush Strokes was in it as well, wasnt he? That show seemed to exist only to be wank fodder for a teenage Ian. Absolute shite, wasnt it?

But as Gladders said, the above at least shows it has positives. Holding the Baby for me was rotten. Just crap. They even ripped the piss out of it on They Think Its All Over as the series was airing, so Hancock at least admitted he was doing it purely for the money.

EDIT: although, Dev from Corrie was in Holding the Baby. That might have upped its stock somewhat:

geg_eyed_dev.jpg

Yes, I am watching Holding the Baby. For research, though :blush:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skins.

THIS IS THE BEST PROGRAM EVER EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH IT THIS IS WHAT TEENAGERS NOWADAYS GET UP TO.

Fuck. Off.

you will be relieved to know then thats its getting canned as a full time series after this runs over, then gone for good after 3 one off specials for each 'generation' next year

• Paid Members

The first series of Skins was actually ok in places, but after it just became Hollyoaks. Tripe.

Coming of Age wins this, so much that it has it's own thread buried somewhere. Chilli's synopsis of the episodes are bang on how I feel about it.

• Paid Members

Alan Carr. Just fuck off. What an absolute cartoon. The LGBT community must be THRILLED to have this walking stereotype mincing about making us think they're all like that. Reminds me of Les Dennis' impression of Graham Norton in the best episode of Extras. *

House shows. Shows about houses. Buying houses, renting houses, decorating houses, taking bits off houses, adding bits on houses, knocking houses down and rebuilding them again.

This one. Who the fuck cares??? Some smug twats talking about the ladder and how many hundred K they are prepared to offer. Fuck off.

Take Me Out is incredibly irritating.

I love it. I find tossers attempting to woo bimbos incredibly funny when its on telly as opposed to in a bar, and I can hear what they're saying. Some of the terrible stuff that comes out of their mouths has been genuine "LOL" material for me this year.

Men Behaving Badly didn't really get going until series 3 though, and was particularly awful with Harry Enfield in the first series.

This makes me sad. While the vibe was completely different with Dermot (namely that he didnt Behave that Badly at all) there were some lovely moments. The chess episode is great.

As touched upon in the other thread, my TV taste is fairly terrible, and I hate a lot of things that most people think are good. I cant stand the soaps, because they're all fucking doom and gloom. People say "I love Corrie because its realistic" or whatever, but I watch telly to get away from realism, I get enough realism in, well, real life. To be fair, the nadir of this misery is EastEnders. Every time I channel hop and that's on, it's aggro, cancer or someone stealing someone else's baby. I lose track of the amount of conversations that start with "wot was all vat abaaaat?" Bollocks to realism, no estate I've ever lived on has seen THAT many deaths. Plus, people saying "sumfink" makes me want to stab them in the eyes with rusty nails.

* "If it's up there.... I'll give you the money myself!"

• Paid Members
Skins.

THIS IS THE BEST PROGRAM EVER EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH IT THIS IS WHAT TEENAGERS NOWADAYS GET UP TO.

Fuck. Off.

you will be relieved to know then thats its getting canned as a full time series after this runs over, then gone for good after 3 one off specials for each 'generation' next year

It's been going on far too long though. It just reinforces the opinion that young people are all about having sex and drugs and booze and shit. It's utter bull.

Also Shameless can fuck right off as well.

• Awards Moderator

I feel that The Walking Dead should get a mention in here, purely because it should be good, but it's really not. I know loads of people that watch it, and not one that likes it - everybody keeps watching just in case it gets good (because it really should be good) but it never does. Objectively, maybe not the worst of television, but it wouldn't be out of place on a 'most disappointing' list.

• Moderators
I feel that The Walking Dead should get a mention in here, purely because it should be good, but it's really not. I know loads of people that watch it, and not one that likes it - everybody keeps watching just in case it gets good (because it really should be good) but it never does. Objectively, maybe not the worst of television, but it wouldn't be out of place on a 'most disappointing' list.

Walking Dead is absolute fucking garbage.

• Awards Moderator
last two weeks have been great though. the second half of the second season has been much better than the very slow first half.

and i also had tonights(U.S) episode spoiled for me and i can't wait for it

Really? I'm on the verge of giving up on it after the last two weeks. It feels a bit like watching that episode of Lost about the tattoo, over and over again.

• Paid Members

I think they pulled it back admirably after the last few episodes of season one - felt like it was going a bit Resident Evil movies, with all of the high-tech. I'm liking all the character stuff, with id, ego, and superego, and I was genuinely shocked about the end of the last episode.

Calling it 'fucking garbage' is a little OTT. Is it as good as it should/could be? Absolutely not. Does it show moments of brilliance and potential? Definitely.

One of the last two episodes where they actually focused on 4/5 characters was very good. As with Lost, sometimes they just get bogged down in the sentimental crap and failing to balance the sheer amount of characters on board.

I still think the best of the source material is to come anyway, so hopefully they'll deal with it well. I do think TWD is a show that is getting better as it goes along and kicks into a higher gear, but I can understand why people wouldn't like it.

Archived