The Worst of Television

Vice

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The last season of Lost was awful. So bad that it ruins everything that came before it. God only knows how Abrams/Lindelof thought they'd came up with a good conclusion.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

"You know all those characters lives that you find so interesting? How about we show you what they're getting up to, not in this life, but in the next! After they've fucking died. How did half them die? Who fucking knows, because it's not important. What is important is that at some point in the future, after they've all died, they all agreed to meet up in a church. Got a problem with that? Tough shit. Not everything gets tied up perfectly in real life. And at least all the major questions were answered, like "I wonder where they would go if they were all to meet up after they die?" They go to church. The end."

I'm still pissed off that I wasted my time watching it. Massive pile of shite.

The last season of Lost was awful. So bad that it ruins everything that came before it. God only knows how Abrams/Lindelof thought they'd came up with a good conclusion.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

"You know all those characters lives that you find so interesting? How about we show you what they're getting up to, not in this life, but in the next! After they've fucking died. How did half them die? Who fucking knows, because it's not important. What is important is that at some point in the future, after they've all died, they all agreed to meet up in a church. Got a problem with that? Tough shit. Not everything gets tied up perfectly in real life. And at least all the major questions were answered, like "I wonder where they would go if they were all to meet up after they die?" They go to church. The end."

I'm still pissed off that I wasted my time watching it. Massive pile of shite.

Absolutely bang on. It became clear about two years in that it'd take a miracle for it to all turn out decent, but I don't think anyone expected the ending to be that bad. One of my favourite posts of yours, particularly this bit:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

And at least all the major questions were answered, like "I wonder where they would go if they were all to meet up after they die?" They go to church. The end."

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I'm another one for the reality camp. I still remember being so pissed off when my flatmate told me to watch Laguna Beach to watch a load of rich as fuck 16 year olds living in beachside houses with BMWs and Jags in there houses bitching about kissing each other. I nearly killed him.

Coming of Age and No Likey No Lighty are very, very bad.

I take it you haven't seen the Irish version? It's like rubbernecking a car crash.

Take Me Out is incredibly irritating. It's like a Sci-Fi show set in an alternate universe where everyone is a mega-excitable, swaggering cock who has to dance over-enthusiastically the second any music plays.

• Paid Members

House shows. Shows about houses. Buying houses, renting houses, decorating houses, taking bits off houses, adding bits on houses, knocking houses down and rebuilding them again.

Channel 4 used to be about showing Derek Jarman films and Marky Mark ogling a barely legal Dani Behr. Look at it now. House shows.

• Paid Members
Ha! it's so true. It's seems prime time tv is mostly catered for females and homosexuals. What happened to ITV producing sit-coms? The only one they produce is Benidorm. One fucking sit-com!

I hadn't noticed that Richie's wasn't the only ludicrous homophobic outburst in this thread, apologies to him.

Plus, why are you advocating ITV producing more sitcoms? You know what happens when that happens. We end up with Brighton Belles and Up The Garden Path.

It wasn't homophobic in the slightest as i'm not a homophobic person. For every Brighton Belles (which was our version of The Golden Girls) and other shitty sitcoms you get the odd piece of brilliance. Rising damp, granted it was about 35 years ago was and still is a phenomenal sitcom. I'm struggling to think of the last even slightly watchable sitcom on the network. Always time for another try though.

Archived