all star - HANLEY 17th March

dannycoll

hey Guys

just reading/looking at the all star/big time wrestling site !!!!!

what are your thoughts on Mr Dixsons comments - he" says the

only way a future for Potteries wrestling events can be secured is for the

fans to turn out in force this months presentation !!!!

Victoria Halls management has made it clear that there will be NO FUTURE

slots for wrestling unless we can provide there is serious demand .

fellow forumites

do you not think these comments are a we bit over the top

as All Star has been putting on shows at the Vic Halls for many years and surely when Dixson hires

out the hall there a a flat fee - surely its not dependamt on how many fans turn up ???

comments please

Always had fun at the Victoria Halls show, I remember the first one I went to, Bryan Danielson (2003 this was) was on against Deano. At the time I was still fairly new to wrestling but Danielsons ability had been hyped huge on the journey there and didnt disappoint. I continued to attend the Hanley shows for a few more years but haven't been able to get down for a while, I would if I could and everyone who can should give it a look.

he could have a deal with them where the money they receive is based on attendances, I assume some places Dixon runs get more out of it that way

What? If Victoria Hall's management are not happy with the turnout, why would they be interested in that kind of deal? If Brian Dixon pays a flat fee, I can't see any reason why Victoria Hall's management would care about the attendance unless they see that they can make more money putting on other sorts of entertainment.

I am sure whatever deal they have will have been agreed a long time ago, they wont be just agreeing it now then moaning about it. I would imagine bar takings would also be a big consideration for them and if houses are down that impacts them

Archived