Post a pic('s) of your pet thread

ajmcstyles

Harvey, 2 year old Border Collie. Got him 3 months ago from the RSPCA, typical collie, full of beans and completely nuts.

P1030429.jpg

P1030413.jpg

P1030409.jpg

P1030479.jpg

Maybe its the action shots but he looks like the kind of dog that wherever he goes hes ready for mischief and adventure!

• Moderators

Excuse the tragic tattoo, I got it as a 17 year old idiot prior to becoming an expert on body mod matters.

wAQwK.jpg

And this one is my new favourite picture of Dog as she decides to check the webcam out:

TJ4uf.jpg

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators

I was 10 years ago. Now it's a point of embarrassment. As would be getting a tattoo of any band, to be honest. I want to cover it up, but fuck knows what with, and there's no point getting something I don't like covered with something I don't like.

But yeah, I used to dig them. My musical tastes are rich, varied, and mainly shite.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I also like Kiss, REO Speedwagon, James Last and Boney M

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by PowerButchi

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from having to put the dog down, pretty fucking gutted.

She went peacefully and didn't even put up a fight, she just knew. I stayed with her to the end and made sure she was ok. Didn't cry but probably will soon, the drive home was gut wrenching and miserable. I was ok until I got in the car because it was over quickly and I pretty much left the place after the vet announced that she had passed. I'll probably have to take care of my brother because he's taken it quite badly but I had no other choice.

I don't know how I'll break this to my son, he understands that it was going to happen as such but I'm glad he's at his mums at the moment. I don't think I'd have been able to hold it all in if he was here.

What a shit shit shitty day.

Just got back from having to put the dog down, pretty fucking gutted.

She went peacefully and didn't even put up a fight, she just knew. I stayed with her to the end and made sure she was ok. Didn't cry but probably will soon, the drive home was gut wrenching and miserable. I was ok until I got in the car because it was over quickly and I pretty much left the place after the vet announced that she had passed. I'll probably have to take care of my brother because he's taken it quite badly but I had no other choice.

I don't know how I'll break this to my son, he understands that it was going to happen as such but I'm glad he's at his mums at the moment. I don't think I'd have been able to hold it all in if he was here.

What a shit shit shitty day.

Really sorry to hear that chief, if it's any consolation you thought you'd lose her back in May so you at least had another 3 months with her. I realise it probably isn't.

Can't imagine how bad you feel though, fingers crossed I've still another 12-13 years before going through this and it already causes me dread.

Cheers Megan Midas.

For me and Sheba, it would have been a lot easier if she was put down then. Ever since, I've been resigned to losing her, knowing it would get worse. She had a good run of about a month and half where she was ok but still slowing down each and every day. Last week I had to take her in because she was pissing blood but the three vets I took her to that day all said the same thing, she would be ok and wouldn't put her down.

I knew it was her time last night, her walks (Morning, afternoon and night.) took three times as long as they normally did and at points she just looked as if she was going to drop dead there and then. She was ok but slow to react this morning but completely nose dived this afternoon. She strained to breathe, pissed everywhere and all over herself which she had never done before and was spewing up every ten minutes. The worst of it is that she couldn't stand and after trying and failing even with the aid of myself and my brother she resigned herself to her fate and just lay on the floor with little response. I thought she would have gone at some point in the afternoon but stuck around till the end.

The vets were cool but probably think I'm an insensitive twat for leaving so soon after she had passed. I feel like one but I couldn't stick around. The vets was packed and they all knew.

I'm glad its done with, it would have been unfair to keep her around any longer and I'm thankful the vets finally saw that too.

• Paid Members

Really sorry to have read about today's awful time. I hope you at least gain a little bit of comfort eventually in knowing that there aren't any what ifs; from the sound of it you really had no option whatsoever and prevented further suffering to Sheba.

• 3 weeks later...