Post a pic('s) of your pet thread

ajmcstyles

• Paid Members

Thanks for all the lovely comments on Tina! 

She's not looking so cute to us at the minute though. She's really not enjoying night times at the minute for some reason. First we tried getting her used to her bed, but she was experiencing seperation anxiety from us and spent all night crying. So the next night, we tried her in our room, but once again she has just spent the entire night crying. We weren't this tired when our kids were new born! 

• Paid Members

Chests fathering instincts kicking straight in. We did this with our baby for the first 3 months of her being in her own room.

It’s a very good call. An old shoe or slipper you’re happy for her to rag about could do the trick.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Ours did that when he was a pup.  Does Tina sleep in a crate?  Cover the crate with a blanket, and she’ll be fine through the night. Didn’t think it would work when someone suggested to me, but it worked great.

• Paid Members

You could try a hot water bottle in her bed, as well as a ticking clock in the room, along with the things Thunder Plex and Kaz have mentioned. Separation anxiety is difficult, but she'll get there eventually. I guess it's all about learning a routine for the dog, and knowing that being left alone at night is only temporary. We also gave our dog Oscar a "Kong" ball to play with to occupy him at night. We rubbed doggy peanut butter inside it and it would keep him busy for quite a while. 

Once all the things started to work, we removed one of them at a time until he just had his bed and his normal teddy's, with a treat right before we left the room, and that signified bed time for him, and he learnt that I, the annoying bastard that I am, would be back to wake him six hours later. 

• Paid Members

We have decided to put one of our pillows in her bed, and let her sleep in our room for now. Hopefully we can almost wean her to eventually sleeping downstairs.

We have also been recommended this coat type thing you can buy thats designed for nervous dogs, but that seems too much like it will just mask the issue rather than solve it... 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

We've got a new dog. 

I'm not sure what her history is, she's very well trained but I suspect she has lived outside at some point. 

We got her Sunday and I was greeted Monday morning with this, which made the time I spent prodding and poking the beds in the pet shop a bit of a waste. 

DSC_0525.JPG

• Moderators

The eyes may be sad, but the label from the neck of a loaf of bread stuck to her beard makes her guilty as fuck. Bin dipping, beautiful, old, lovely, fucking arsehole.

DAWG.thumb.jpg.8a9355c7155cb146cd40e56f97b27801.jpg

Edited by PowerButchi

• 4 weeks later...