The Last of Nigel McGuinness

GBH_189

Nigel McGuinness has started a kickstarter in hopes of raising money to produce a documentary on his final days as a performer you can see the trailer on the website which I would link to but apparently have no idea what I'm doing

the idea behind kickstarter is that you back projects you like and the project gets made with donated money there are also rewards for certain levels of support

What are everyone's thoughts on this? I for one am interested in hearing his story and enjoy wrestling documentaries so will try to donate when I get some cash but am unsure if others will feel that he is a good subject for a doc

i've donated to it, i hope he gets the funds for this. he deserves to have this made

I'm all for the Kickstarter project idea, but some of the reasons for wanting the money are ludicrous. Hope he subtitles the DVD "...or Nige's way to get a free holiday".

i dont care if hes going on holiday with some of the money..hes said that he needs it also to support himself on the page, he isnt wrestling anymore so he needs to find another way to make his income. he also has to pay for rights to use footage from his full career, you dont think that tna/roh will just hand him over footage for his documentary and not expect to be paid for being featured in it?

I'm all for the Kickstarter project idea, but some of the reasons for wanting the money are ludicrous. Hope he subtitles the DVD "...or Nige's way to get a free holiday".

You do have a point, you could do this doc on a tiny budget. Maybe wont donate afterall

It states that one of the things covered in the documentary will be why he retired.

As for $32,000 it does cost a lot to make edit and distribute DVD's and so on, especially if he's trying to get licenses on some music and taxes etc

• Paid Members
I don't get this:

5. paying taxes on the money

Give me some money so I can pay taxes? WTF

Just one of the reasons why this is a ridiculous plea. Funny I was only talking about Eva Angelina's mobile phone bill plea earlier, because this is a very similar sort of begging.

For the record, I do like McGuinness. I thought some of his matches were ridiculously and stupidly stiff for someone of his abilities, but I remember his football riot match with Colt Cabana fondly from the TWC days and plenty of his other stuff, too.

That said, there are so many aspects of this that don't sit right with me. It's a lot of money for an indie wrestler to demand for making a mere documentary, and I'm sure he could probably make a decent and interesting one without music licencing and match rights, cutting his costs right down.

Then again, you can't blame him for trying. If people like the_suz are ready to hand over money, not caring what he's going to use it for, why not? He's already raised a tidy sum.

Archived