Great Bear Promotions - Sunday March 25th - Holmes Chapel, Cheshire

rayneisatwat

Venue was really nice with great lighting. I feel really bad for the promoters as there was a poor turnout.

Its a real shame that there weren't many people as they missed a quality night of action. Not one bad match

as the guys gave it their all. Really sorry but i cant remember the finishes of some matches but i forgot my notepad

BabyfacePitbull d Axl Rage

Short opener but pretty good, LOADS of nice suplexes from both men. Pitbull got the win with

an armbar.

Ed Dennis d Evan Sarven

Mostly comedy stuff from Dennis, no problem with that. Dennis hit a great looking t bone suplex mid match

Jonathan Greshham d Chris Brookes

absolutely steller match, very mat based with some really crisp chain wrestling. March was very stiff gresham hit an

amazing stunner/ cutter combo which i loved. Gresham won via submission with a crazy looking abdominal stretch/octopus stretch combo

Jack Gallagher d Beham Ali

Another good mat based match. Both men got a good amount of offense in including Jacks trademark suplexes. He

got the win with a figure four leglock

DDL d Corey E

Never seen DDL as a heel before so enjoyed that. He was introduced as "Deadly" Damon Leigh. DDL hit so many suplexes, as a suplex fan i didnt mind that one bit

Corey got a bit of offense but not much. Rediculous piledriver gets the win for DDL

Sam Bailey d Pete Dunne

these 2 had had a in ring confrontation earlier in the show. Match was really good. Sam involved the crowd which the kids loved

Match was back and forth and highly enjoyable

Great effort by all involved

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just the official results some links and thank yous, as noted the crowd was best described as 'intimate' as we drew 25 people for our first show. Lessons have been learned but we will be running again, thanks in part to the strong crowd reactions who were into each and every match.

Results

'The Babyfaced' Pitbull dft. Axl Rage

Eddy Dennis dft. Evan Sarven

Jonathan Gresham dft Chris Brookes

Jack Gallagher dft. Benham Ali

'Deadly' Damon Leigh dft. Corey Edwardson

Sam Bailey dft Pete Dunne.

Link to the Gresham - Brookes match can be found here -

Finally, thank you to all those involved with the show yesterday, thank you to 4FW Promoter Dave Sharp for his support and insight on the day, thank you to the fans that turned up and got in to every match.

Pity I only clocked this thread last minute as I probably would've made an effort to get to the show. With Gresham on the card and Gallagher vs Ali, which is a quality match in any promotion, its a crying shame this only attracted 25 people. It's good to see yous haven't been deterred by it and plan to run again.

It's a really exciting time in the North West of late, aside from established companies like GPW, Futureshock and XWA, you have Preston City Wrestling making waves, the impending Infinite Promotions and now you guys. Hopefully it doesn't become too cluttered and everybody can benefit.

Archived