Great Bear Promotions - Sunday March 25th - Holmes Chapel, Cheshire

rayneisatwat

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next wrestler announced -

Axl Rage

The brash, cocky Blackpool based Axl Rage has quickly become a fixture for most North West promotions including Futureshock and Preston City Wrestling. March 25th will see Rage enter Great Bear Promotions ready to prove just why he is the best in the North West today!

Great Bear Promotions sponsored by Defend Indy Wrestling

Sponsor_Graphic.jpg

Great Bear Promotions can reveal that 'Battle Kingdom 2012' will be sponsored by Defend Indy Wrestling, who will have a presence at the show on the day selling their clothing and sticker range, the former being worn by none other than the Young Bucks.

For Great Bear Promotions a partnership with Defend makes perfect sense. We are both seeking to promote the enjoyment of pro-wrestling at a grass roots level and are looking to bring the spark back into what has become a very homogenised wrestling scene.

We look forward to welcoming Defend's representatives and hope that we both reap the benefits from a fruitful partnership.

Must admit I know nothing of Defend Indy Wrestling really, what is it they are defending by selling T-Shirts? I am not having a dig just not sure what they represent? Can you guys explain please?

Must admit I know nothing of Defend Indy Wrestling really, what is it they are defending by selling T-Shirts? I am not having a dig just not sure what they represent? Can you guys explain please?

That's a really valid point. The clothing range they have is designed to raise the awareness of indy-wrestling, even amongst casual fans who might only know the 'big' independents. It can be argued that by letting people know that small promotions exist is defending the very existence of 'indy wrestling' and that there is more to wrestling than they see on television and that the action can be as good, if not better right on their own doorstep. It's about a sense of community too, Defend have reached people across the globe, united by their love of indy wrestling and it is comforting to these people that its not just them clinging on to the indy dream.

I hope that clears thing up. :thumbsup:

That's a really valid point. The clothing range they have is designed to raise the awareness of indy-wrestling, even amongst casual fans who might only know the 'big' independents. It can be argued that by letting people know that small promotions exist is defending the very existence of 'indy wrestling' and that there is more to wrestling than they see on television and that the action can be as good, if not better right on their own doorstep. It's about a sense of community too, Defend have reached people across the globe, united by their love of indy wrestling and it is comforting to these people that its not just them clinging on to the indy dream.

I hope that clears thing up. :thumbsup:

So its non profit for the good of the cause? lmao! Just kidding, thanks for answering. I dont really pay much attention to much things outside my bubble so really didnt know what they brought to the table. Cheers guys, good luck with the show.

Match Announcement

'Pomp vs Power' - Axl Rage Vs Pitbull

420367_190399557739429_185002858279099_284204_2099319685_n.jpg

Our 5th match announced is the arrogant, brash Axl Rage against Pitbull. Rage is determined to prove himself to be the best in the north west today, and what better way of proving that point against the powerful presence that is Pitbull. Can Rage back up his claims or will the Pitbull get his jaws into this challenge on March 25th?

Final Wrestler Announced -

Evan Sarven

The final wrestler announced for Battle Kingdom 2012 is Evan Sarven. The heavyweight has been active across the UK, wrestling for EWA Wrestling in Wycombe, Futureshock Wrestling and UKW. What fortune will 'Battle Kingdom' bring to the much travelled wrestler?

And the Final Match is announced -

Heavyweight Challenge

The Nordic Warrior vs Evan Sarven

Two of the biggest men on the Great Bear Promotions roster will face each other in this Heavyweight clash. Will Sarven be able to stop the rampaging Nordic Warrior, or will this be a demonstration of the man from the North Seas power?

The Nordic Warrior has been seen getting into his longboat and setting sail from the shore, sure to wreck havoc on an unsuspecting fishing village somewhere! However this means that his scheduled appearance is now cancelled and a replacement will be named in time.

After the announcement of The Nordic Warrior's withdrawl from 'Battle Kingdom 2012' we can now reveal the replacement for him.

'The Prince Of Wales' Ed Dennis

The patrotic Welshman has been making waves in Attack Pro Wrestling but also other promotions in the Midlands including Next Level Wrestling. Will the Welsh Heavyweight enjoy a debut in the North of England, or will his opponent in the Heavyweight challenge prove too much?

Match_Graphic_GBP6.jpg

Archived