UKFF Battle Rap 2012: THE FINAL

CuckedByMenry

• Moderators

I see voting for this ends tonight... Given that it's been an excellent contest all-round (after a slightly shaky start with people throwing raps down willy nilly in the fixtures thread) and it actually fucking finished(!), which is a fantastic novelty... are the mods going to be offering some kind of special prize to the winner?

I think y'all should.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good clean final round fun. I'm actually going to vote Harmonic Generator, as he's adapted his style each round to take on his opponent properly, and came out with some wonderful reference in this final.

• Paid Members

The winner of this bout by a score of 16 to 8...

Howard_display_image.jpg

"...and NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW UKFF Battle Rap Champion..."

drumroll.gif

drumroll.gif

drumroll.gif

HarmonicGeneratoooor!!

4gg6055yf.gif

T'was all a bit shaky at first, but like a virgin popping his cherry, we eventually got there. A huge thanks to all the participants and voters, some fine submissions and praise/slatings. A mighty fine tip of the hat to Keith Houchen and congratulations to HarmonicGenerator on becoming the best thing since Will Smith. I will enquire with ze mods about a custom title of sorts.

Thanks again, everyone, you've made this magical. :thumbsup:

• Awards Moderator

Cheers Keith, Menry and all the voters.

I'm frankly gobsmacked - I didn't think I stood a chance of getting past JLM in the third round, much less getting to the final and actually winning the thing, which I never expected in the slightest! So thank you, JLM, for no-showing and giving me a chance to go up against Feste and Keith.

Keith was the clear favourite and front-runner from the get-go, and again when the final began I thought I was fucked, so to be able to keep up with him and give it my best shot ... and actually win ... I feel like a proper underdog champion type.

Accolades also to Feste for having consistenly stunning raps. Not to repeat myself, but when I was drawn against him in the semis I assumed I didn't have a hope, so went all out with my Shakespeare repertoire. Happily it worked, and that round was fantastic fun.

The whole competition's been a great read, from the opening round Freebird-Astro main event to Houchen steamrollering his way to the final, to 'I'm Gay For Freebird' - so well done again to Cucked Rivers for organising it, administrating it, and kicking people up the arse until we reached the end.

Thanks again to all the voters, especially the ones what voted for me and their kind words about my references and stuff. I'm chuffed and pleased and quite happy about the whole thing, generally speaking!

Party, anyone?

Edited by HarmonicGenerator