UFC 145: 'Jones vs Evans' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='wandshogun09' date='Apr 8 2012, 0:09' post='2570114'

All the God squad stuff grates on my a tad after a bit too. A few fighters do that. I'm not religious, I'm cool with people who are but I don't need to hear about it all the time. God (if he exists) doesn't give a fuck about MMA and he wasn't in your corner giving you strength to batter the other bloke. Amen.

This is the only thing that grinds my gears about him as well.

I am a atheist but like Wand says above I have no massive problem with Religion. Jones banging on about it post-fight is going to annoy people, by all means believe what you want to believe, I would not mind if he made a quick thanks to God but he reaches Matt Hughes level of banging on about God sometimes.

I turned off his post-fight speech the second he brought it up last time. I could not be bothered with his sermon whilst I was annoyed one of my favourite fighter just got schooled by him.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What i don't like about Jones is that he seems to be playing a persona. He's always been soft-spoken and whatever but in recent fights he's added in this 'im here to save humanity' schtick and it is annoying. Rashad calling him out as a fake on some chat show kind of re-inforced it, now i don't know if Rashad was bullshitting but from what i saw i believed him.

I aint at all knocking Jones' fighting ability, he's amazing but he's become a guy that i want to see lose now and im hoping Rashad is the guy to do it.

• Paid Members

how can anyone dislike Rashad Evans?

He's the man I tells ya. And his mom's the man aswell.

More Rashad impersonation goodness

Rashad Tyson

Rashad's Anderson Silva, his mom again and Marcus Jones

And since this is becoming the Rashad Evans Appreciation Thread....

Rashad wants to punch Matt Hughes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5-2P9UNwww...feature=related

Rashad dancing to Chuck Liddell's entrance music before KOing him

Meeting tennis player Victoria Azerenka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2VBe8lzCyA...feature=related

Rashad gives Matt Mitrione a bollocking

Jldfv.gif

Rashad vs The Fly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UA9iXQz9Ok

And Rashad's reponsible for one of my favourite lines in TUF history about Meathead;

"That boy's cheese fell off his cracker"

• Paid Members

haha thanks for the links, funny stuff. We saw Rashad do a Q&A at the UFC 120 expo (think it's featured in the second video you posted) where he busted out his impersonations, funny guy and very entertaining. I've said it a hundred times before, i just don't get the hate.

UFC will be sponsoring Jon Jones for this fight.

It doesn't surprise me the UFC have put alot of money into Jones, they think Jones is the future but as soon as Evans takes the title from Jones UFC wont be sponsoring that looney tune. Not long to wait now

• Paid Members

Nice find that, cheers for posting it.

Just stumbled across this aswell on FUEL's Youtube channel. UFC Counterpunch with Jon Jones and Rashad Evans. It's a sitdown interview with the 2 and Jon Anik in the middle, essentially a rip off of HBO's Face Off series with Anik in the Max Kellerman role. Worth watching.

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QfdwNy1nRA...mp;feature=plcp

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN0ynFRPpSQ...player_embedded

FUEL's Youtube channel is pretty good actually. Aswell as the Counterpunch thing, which I hope they do for more fights, they've also got a load of pre and post fight interviews up and even some full fights like Jones vs Machida, Mir vs Nog 2 :( , Shogun vs Griffin 2, Cain vs Brock and more. And a few Pride fights like Kawajiri vs Krazy Horse and Gomi vs Costa.

• Paid Members

pumped for the Matt Brown-Stephen Thompson fight, i'd have lied to have seen it get pushed to the main card but it's left on the prelims. Not much has been said since the fight was made but before that Brown was pretty critical of Thompson's hype, he thinks he was basically fed a can for his debut to make him look good and called out Wonderboy.

Matt Brown is no world beater but he's tough and durable and if there's one guy that can probably be a guage of whether or not someone's worthy of the hype it's Matt Brown. I'm probably looking forward to this fight most on the whole card...outside of the main event.

Archived