Parking tickets

DarloKid

• Paid Members
You need a permit to park on my street, i dont have a car but bought a permit for visitors. My partners folks came to visit last week, we put the permit in the car, and were still issued a ticket for

• Paid Members

I'll start this off by clarifying that yes, I broke the law twice, and my point on here isn't that I got caught. My problem is with the unfairness of the punishment when compared to other offences.

First time I was doing 85 on a Motorway, got 3 points and

My problem is that since the speeding one, I now religiously stick to the limits anywhere, but other drivers then get right up your arse or dangerously overtake you.

There's a twenty mile stretch of the M1 with a 50mph limit and average speed cameras every mile or so, but that doesn't seem to stop coaches, trucks and vans tailgating and flashing their high beams at me when I'm doing 49mph in the left lane. Fucking twats.

I've had a parking ticket once when I lived in London, the parking permit that you'd buy from the council said that it was valid between 8AM and 6PM but the sign on the street said that you needed to be displaying a ticket from 7AM, so I got a parking ticket at 07:59. I tried explaining this to the traffic warden but he didn't (or at least pretended not to be able to) speak English. That was

What gets me is the holier-than-thou-you-broke-the-law-you-must-pay brigade. Now I know you were taking the piss out of the OP here, but in real life its a pet peeve of mine. My gaffer at work got done doing 34mph in a 30mph zone. He was whinging about it in the office in standard fashion, and the top brass at work gave him the old 'well you shouldn't be speeding' speech. Got right on my tits. He'll then fuck off in his Merc and drive like an absolute bell end - and be lucky enough to avoid a fine.

What I will say on parking tickets though, is unless they are issued by the council or police, just ignore them. You know the ones, the PCN tickets from those private car parks threatening you with court orders etc. Just chuck any correspondance in the bin. They have no leg to stand on in a court of law. All they will do is write to you and demand payment IN BIG CAPITAL LETTERS THREATENING YOU WITH COURT PROCEEDINGS. In reality, they're just a bunch of chancers.

Archived