Your Fav Video Games console EVER

goldeneye86

Nintendo 64.

After 15 years still the console I get most enjoyment from - and is still set up in my living room.

It has the best version of Mario Kart, the best wrestling games and my favourite game ever in Goldeneye. :thumbsup:

Trolling, right? N64 Mario Kart was dull as dishwater. It's original, Double Dash, Wii, 64 in that order.

How is giving an opinion 'trolling'..?

It's one I certainly agree with. It's the version that retains enough about the original while having superior graphics etc before they started fucking around with it TOO much.

I don't really care if you agree or if you think I'm 'trolling' too but I actually know shitloads of people that love the N64 version.

Hell, you're the first person I've EVER come across to put Double Dash in front of any of them.

[alanpartridge.gif]

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Christ this has me in the mood for some retro gaming.

I just had a blast on Rainbow Islands because of this thread. If I could be arsed to dig out my controller I'd probably lose the next couple of hours to it.

• Paid Members

gameboy.jpg

This badboy for me, I had shitloads of games on it, Super Marioland is my favourite game ever. I used to love Bubble Ghost too.

I even used to get GBaction I think it was called, (the Gameboy magazine).

I've owned a Psone and 2 as an adult and an Xbox 360 but nothing ever captured the fun of the simple Gameboy for me, I love it and it's classic design and everything it represents, the late 80s was a good time to be a kid.

Sega Megadrive all of the way.

Bloody Brilliant.. add in The Master System converter (which just changes the slots really, because the Master System stuff is inbuilt to the MD iirc) the 32x which is awesome, and the Sega Mega CD, then you have 8-32 bits covered in one console, plus add ons

I enjoy most other consoles other than the N64 which Ive never really got on with due to control issues, but will keep plugging away, but Sega Megadrive for me all of the way

Sega Megadrive all of the way.

Bloody Brilliant.. add in The Master System converter (which just changes the slots really, because the Master System stuff is inbuilt to the MD iirc) the 32x which is awesome, and the Sega Mega CD, then you have 8-32 bits covered in one console, plus add ons

I enjoy most other consoles other than the N64 which Ive never really got on with due to control issues, but will keep plugging away, but Sega Megadrive for me all of the way

Nice choice. I had a master systemII before getting a snes. Then I got AMIGA 500!!

Megadrive for me

It was my #1 as a kid, I spent the most time on it, and i've got the best memories from it. I had a SNES too, and it was great, but I still prefer the Sega. Ok, a lot of the games crossed over, but despite the SNES's fancy graphical capabilities, more often than not I liked the look of Megadrive games better. And SNES ones were usually a tenner or more dearer.

Jungle/Desert strike, Micro Machines 2, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Super Monaco GP, Revenge of Shinobi, NBA Jam (although that was one of the few i did actually prefer on the SNES), Sonic, just about everything from EA sports, Strider, the disney games, tonnes of good top down and side-on shooters, the in-house arcade cabinet conversions, Lotus Challenge, Mercs, Altered Beast, California Games, Spiderman, European Club Soccer, Batman, F22, Robocod, the list goes on.....

It was ruddy, bloody good.

That said, the SNES was class too, and I might've spent more time with Super Mario World and Kart than I did with any Megadrive game, but generally, the Megadrive had a lot more stuff that I liked.

Megadrive for me

It was my #1 as a kid, I spent the most time on it, and i've got the best memories from it. I had a SNES too, and it was great, but I still prefer the Sega. Ok, a lot of the games crossed over, but despite the SNES's fancy graphical capabilities, more often than not I liked the look of Megadrive games better. And SNES ones were usually a tenner or more dearer.

Jungle/Desert strike, Micro Machines 2, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Super Monaco GP, Revenge of Shinobi, NBA Jam (although that was one of the few i did actually prefer on the SNES), Sonic, just about everything from EA sports, Strider, the disney games, tonnes of good top down and side-on shooters, the in-house arcade cabinet conversions, Lotus Challenge, Mercs, Altered Beast, California Games, Spiderman, European Club Soccer, Batman, F22, Robocod, the list goes on.....

It was ruddy, bloody good.

That said, the SNES was class too, and I might've spent more time with Super Mario World and Kart than I did with any Megadrive game, but generally, the Megadrive had a lot more stuff that I liked.

I enjoyed a great game for the MD..Alex Kidd Enchanted Castle! Prob because I loved alex kidd in miracle world for the MS. Other games I liked for the Mega Drive tho.. Sonic games , Whizz n lizz, golden axe, streets of rage, wwf royal rumble, wwf raw, ducktales.

The Mario Kart order is -

DS, Gamecube, Wii, 3DS, N64, SNES, GBA.

:laugh:

I'd say SNES, GBA, DS, Wii, Gamecube, N64 and I haven't played the 3DS. The GBA version was fantastic, wish it'd been on a larger console.

• Paid Members

Without taking nostalgia into account I'd say that's a very accurate list. I didn't ever own the SNES or N64 ones, and the Gamecube one was the only one I ever played as a kid all the time.

So playing them all aside from the Gamecube on their own merits, the SNES and N64 versions just don't hold up to the newer ones. The graphics are (obviously) better and the gameplay has been improved at least ten-fold. I know a lot of people will prefer the old ones because they loved them as kids and therefore love them now, I have loads of games like that, but to an unbiased player they just don't compare.

Archived