Who's an arsehole in real life?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Nicholas Lyndhurst is fairly well known around these parts as being monosyllabic and rude to people In fairness though, whenever I've met him he's been fine (sold him fags a few times, and showed him where to find paper plates) and I suspect that the people he's been rude to probably called him "Rodders" or "Plonker" in a shite attempt at humour.

A mate of mine was working on the set of a show David Jason was on, being a big Fools & Horses fan he was very excited, but he said David Jason was a right miserable git to everyone, he was very disappointed.

I can't say I've had any bad experiences with celebrities that I can think of, Raven was a bit offish, but there was a lot of shit going on at the time so it's not to suprising, he seemed alright after a few days though.

Jodie Marsh is an ugly nasty bint. Sid Owen seems a nice guy but quitely takes himself off when he gets fed up of "RRRRRIIIIIICCCCCKKKKKKAAAAAAAAYYYYYY" which is quite decent of him, cos I'd be inclind to ensure annoying bitches couldn't shout it again!

I have to say though, a big suprise for me was Tim Westwood, who wasn't the cock a expected him to be, he actually comes across as a really nice guy who genuinely loves what he does. I really can't fault him for that. I still won't watch Pimp My Ride UK though!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I really couldn't imagine the big dog being anything other than a nice polite old man. He deserves a knighthood.

Really? Cos his persona always made me think he'd be a twat, but the first night we had him DJ at the club he turned up at 10.30 instead of 12.30 and wanted to work the full night for no extra money! In 15 years there I've never seen that, he was polite and friendly to staff and customers. Normally when we'd have an ultra famous DJ they won't take photos or sign autographs because they're busy doing their job, which I actually think is fine, but he made time to do the whole lot!

Actually that reminds me, first time we had Boy George (back when he was doing that) he was very nice too, he got irritated with being hasseled for autographs, but he did say afterwards, if he comes to DJ he wants to get on and do that, but if we wanted him to come and sing or just meet and great he'd do that too. That said, he still made time after his set and actually after all the staff had finished long after he could have gone to sign autographs for them. We had him back twice after that and he was one of the more expensive DJ we had at the time. Still is at a guess.

Have you signed many titties in your time, cheesemeister?

No, my trick is motorboating ;) I actually have a mate who's girlfriend insists on it everytime she comes in, he allows it on the basis that I taught him how to do that in the first place! Yes, I'm worse than Timmy Mallet :(

EDIT: Actually I did sign a pair of tits once, but I forget the circumstances, it may have been one of our regular customers who was moving away. I'm shit at signing stuf though, do you know how hard it is to write on someone's body in biro?

• Moderators

No, my trick is motorboating ;) I actually have a mate who's girlfriend insists on it everytime she comes in, he allows it on the basis that I taught him how to do that in the first place!

I refuse to believe this

• Moderators

No, my trick is motorboating ;) I actually have a mate who's girlfriend insists on it everytime she comes in, he allows it on the basis that I taught him how to do that in the first place!

I refuse to believe this

Every girl's wacky mate!

(DJ Forever Friendzoned :()

• Paid Members

I refuse to believe this

Totally true! I have another girl comes in who insists I give her a "bra check" everytime she sees me to make sure it's not showsing, but she thinks I'm gay!

• Paid Members

I'm glad to hear Westwood getting some love. People take the piss out of him but he has always come across as a genuinely sound bloke who just loves hip hop more than anything. People always say how 'fake' he is but the man himself isn't delusional or anything, he doesn't take himself seriously.

Also he was shot in a drive by shooting and lived to tell about it, and that's pretty fucking gangsta'!

• Paid Members
Oh, I heard Frank Bruno's a bit of a gonk as well, but I dont (want to) believe that.

It was a while ago but when I met him he was lovely - shook my hand, took the time for a photo and everything.

Kim Marsh is a twat though.

Whilst I dont doubt some of the celebs mentioned in here are arseholes, I think it's very unfair to class them as an 'arsehole' on having one meeting with them, or your mate saying when his brothers uncle saw so and so he acted like a knob.

To truly define someone as a cunt etc, you'd have to know them, there can be days when people will see me and i'll be in a mood or whatever, and they'll probably think what a twat. Other days they'll see me, i'll be in good spirits and come across a good lad. Overall im probably in the middle of both the experiances. It's like when people say 'oh i lost all respect for so and so once cause I met him and he didnt say hello or whatever. We all have days like that.

Meh, I dunno, im probably taking this topic too seriously but yanno, still think the points valid.

I worked a tour with Bryan Clark and met him again a few years later when WCW came to London and I have to say that he's one of the nicest guys I've ever met in my life, in or out of wrestling. Good company, generous to a fault, puts others before him, really nice guy.

I've also met Nicholas Parsons at the Edinburgh Festival and even though he was in a hurry, he still stopped for a photo and a quick hello. Seemed a very nice guy.

Someone else who I thought would be a bellend but was actually really nice and far removed from his TV personality was Jimmy Carr. Very humble, supports grass roots comedy, realises that it's the fans who've made him etc.

Archived