Best Guitar for Rock band

iamthedoctor

Hello Im after a bit of advice here. I want to get a Guitar for the rock band series but amazon & ebay seems to list quite a lot and im really stuck on what is the best one to get. Dont really want to get a cheap plastic one that ends up going wrong after a couple weeks so thought some great person here could give some advice on the best one to go for.

Ive heard logitech do a wooden one for 69.99 but for that price id like to get a drum kit with it. Plus it doesnt say if all Rock band games are compattible for that one. Is their many wooden ones about or are they just plastic?

• Paid Members
Just get the Guitar Hero 2 one, it's one of the best ones and it can be bought dirt cheap.

This. I still use the GH2 one, haven't had any other guitar between GH2 and RB3. It's not compatible with any newer features like Pro Guitar or those weird touchpad hammer-on/offs, but for basic just playing the songs then it's the best.

• Paid Members

I was never keen on the Guitar Hero 2 controller, I've had most of them at some point and I'm currently using the wireless Rock Band 2 Fender which I absolutely love. You can pick up Rock Band 1 bundles pretty cheap now too and the wired one you get with that is very durable.

For all your compatibility needs http://www.rockband.com/compatibility will tell you which guitars are compatible with which games.

I was never keen on the Guitar Hero 2 controller, I've had most of them at some point and I'm currently using the wireless Rock Band 2 Fender which I absolutely love. You can pick up Rock Band 1 bundles pretty cheap now too and the wired one you get with that is very durable.

For all your compatibility needs http://www.rockband.com/compatibility will tell you which guitars are compatible with which games.

Do you have any info on the Original Rock Band Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller? Like is it any good or a cheap one not worth it. Saw one in the game shop this morning on a beatles value edition. If its a value edition does that mean its rubbish and cheap?

I love my Beatles Rock Band Lennon Rickenbacker. It's infinitely better than my GH2 and GH3 guitars.

I dont think its that one.

Think the one you mentioned is the premium edition. They also did a value edition that seems cheaper shop has it second hand for 60 quid alough the guy claims they just bundled the original rock band guitar and drums in this one. Not sure how true this is or not. So want to make sure its worth it before buying.

Also saw this one on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Wireless-...1301&sr=1-1

Dunno if anyones heard of it as its wooden. Didnt know they made wood ones or if it supports Rock Band.

I guess im trying to decide if I should get a guitar or just get a bundle pack so I get the drums as well.

I love my Beatles Rock Band Lennon Rickenbacker. It's infinitely better than my GH2 and GH3 guitars.

I dont think its that one.

Think the one you mentioned is the premium edition. They also did a value edition that seems cheaper shop has it second hand for 60 quid alough the guy claims they just bundled the original rock band guitar and drums in this one. Not sure how true this is or not. So want to make sure its worth it before buying.

It wouldn't be. Harrison's Jet and Lennon's Rickenbacker were sold separately. The Macca Hofner was bundled in the premium edition. The value edition did just have the generic RB instruments in rather than Beatles instruments.

I was really lucky when I picked up my instruments. I got official RB drums for

Archived