Should WWE sign The Young Bucks?

Oliver

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I for one am a fan of the bucks, although i dont think they would fit in (in anyway at all) with WWE. They do remind me of a young Matt/Jeff Hardy, although they would have had to improve greatly in books , which would include the overall 'Look' of them, to be anywhere near WWE's level.

• Paid Members
Should WWE sign The Young Bucks?

Hell to the no.

Save for a small, select handful of ROH and DGUSA bouts against specific opponents, I can honestly say the only time I've particularly enjoyed the Young Bucks' on a consistent basis is in their appearances for PWG in Reseda, CA. That, however, is entirely down to being the specific way they are presented in that specific venue to those specific fans which just works.

In brief, the loyal and regular live PWG audience turned on the Bucks in mid-2009 for many of the reasons and criticisms already listed in this thread. Basically, they were sick of the Bucks being forced upon them as the top tag team and began to resent them. Fans became increasingly openly hostile to them during their matches, which the Bucks actually then embraced and played up to. The key to it was that in becoming ridiculously hated heels, they didn't actually need to change much about their act at all, since the audience had already grown to hate everything about them over a couple of years. Their look, their outfits, their moves, everything. All the fancy, flashy high-flying and flip-flopping then became a tool for them to wind up the crowd, over-doing things and playing it up like they were the ultimate cocky show-offs. I mean, just look at them. Who wouldn't want to see them getting a good slapping?

It got the desired reaction - they were hated with a passion. What also helped the situation was that they were the tag champions at the time. The audience was absolutely desperate to see them lose the belts, which led to a ferociously hot atmosphere in that tiny building each and every time, the fans 100% firmly behind their opponents in a insanely heated way. Somehow, though, even though the fans were absolutely convinced that they would see a title change, the Bucks always seemed to find a way to escape and sneak out with the belts. This, of course, then added heat onto the next defence, and the next, and so on. The tag title matches took on so much more interest because of this, with the audience massively into everything that happened in the match with a firm understanding of the consequences. It was tremendous fun and the only time I've seen an audience genuinely emotionally invested in the outcome of Young Bucks matches, rather than just being left to "ooo", "aahhh" and politely applause the various movez.

Like I say, that was the only real time in which I've consistently enjoyed their matches. It was, however, entirely due to circumstance and a particular audience that knew them inside out. Small time, yes, but within that setting and to that audience it worked a treat. Anywhere else, I could never, ever see them being able to gain that same sense of appeal or interest. Like I said above, just look at them...

The Young Bucks don't have the look or charisma to work in WWE, plus with their history of being more than a litle disrespectful to bigger stars in the back would probably mean they wouldn't last in WWE even if they did get signed

Archived