NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Yeah I went and watched it expecting the worst from that comment but they've certainly done a lot worse.

Dynamite I enjoyed but it definitely felt like a step down from the PPV unfortunately, but it still had its enjoyable parts.

NXT felt like they've got a lot of moving parts and at least they're trying to give some purpose to a lot more people rather than just random matches here there and everywhere.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Dynamite I enjoyed but it definitely felt like a step down from the PPV unfortunately, but it still had its enjoyable parts.

It should be a step or 2 down from the ppv. That step up should be what gets you to part with your money. 

• Paid Members

Amazing that anyone can complain about the Gargano thing. This was easily the best thing he’s done and the most entertaining I’ve found him in months. Probably years, in fact.

There are obviously better uses of Johnny Gargano’s talents. But if both he and Ciampa are going to remain in NXT for eternity as seems to be the case, despite both of them having done absolutely everything possible? I much prefer Johnny acting like a goof and making me laugh than Ciampa doing the same thing he’s always done, now feeling like someone’s lame older brother that no-one has the heart to tell to grow up and fuck off.

Ciampa is like Tony from Hollyaoks. Everyone else has moved on but he’s staying where he is, year in year out, doing the same old shit, hanging on to the same old shitty memories.

Edited by Supremo

On 11/14/2020 at 11:23 AM, Supremo said:

Amazing that anyone can complain about the Gargano thing. This was easily the best thing he’s done and the most entertaining I’ve found him in months. Probably years, in fact.

There are obviously better uses of Johnny Gargano’s talents. But if both he and Ciampa are going to remain in NXT for eternity as seems to be the case, despite both of them having done absolutely everything possible? I much prefer Johnny acting like a goof and making me laugh than Ciampa doing the same thing he’s always done, now feeling like someone’s lame older brother that no-one has the heart to tell to grow up and fuck off.

Ciampa is like Tony from Hollyaoks. Everyone else has moved on but he’s staying where he is, year in year out, doing the same old shit, hanging on to the same old shitty memories.

Quality This Country Kurtan reference my friend😂😂

1 hour ago, Mr.Showtime said:

Fantastic main event (Io Shirai v Rhea Ripley for the women's title), NXT made it feel big-time and the match was unpredictable all the way to the end so very much worth a watch if you don't know the result. And another fine Pat McAfee performance too.

Probably my favourite episode of NXT for quite some time. Solid all over really but certainly the main event was absolutely fantastic, as well as the War Games stuff too.

• Paid Members

BDAF4759-ECA7-4FA2-A9CC-3CC3A369F99A.thumb.jpeg.c0af33eb376de19155b9ebc0b08ba7c1.jpeg

Oh, to be a fly on the wall in the NXT production meetings. I’m convinced every week it’s Road Dogg and Drake Younger wasting their allotted time banging on about anti-mask and QAnon conspiracies, and then when Hunter shows up at the end expecting the whole show to be scripted Shawn Michaels just panics.

”Maybe...another...ladder match?”

442C2C45-78E1-44D9-A416-624756DC18E6.gif.9d31e8c9f6ff5465d5d319bdc0003871.gif

I'm sorry but I still laugh every time I see a picture of Undisputed Era like that. 

Just them in their black hoodies, skinny jeans, shite trainers and matching haircuts look so ordinary.

I know the business and how wrestlers look has changed and it's great that they're not going to die of a steroid-induced heart attack in their forties, but they honestly just look like four blokes picked at random from an indie rock gig. 

Is there anyone on the NXT roster (outside of the women) who looks like a proper star? 

• neil locked this topic