Sign in to follow this  
NEWM

NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

Surely he could chase the title, there's more mileage in him trying to win the belt than there is holding it I feel. If/When we get arena shows again I would loved to have seen them play on his friendship with Strowman perhaps throwing in a tag title win before Spud gets turned on to heel up Braun for a showdown with Roman. 

23 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

sam winchester yawn GIF

Can't be discussing stuff, pal. That's not what this place is for. Not allowed to critique modern stuff. Not allowed to praise old stuff. Just got to accept that they're doing their best. Like the government.

Dull as fuck.

I mean, they better have that the contract is full of a load of shit that Drake has to go through. Types of matches he has to have, people he has to team with etc. It could become a really good little storyline where he signed the contract without reading it and there is now a tonne of shit in it he has to do.

23 hours ago, Statto said:

Has Drake always been as dribbly as he's been since this angle began? Gobbing all over the place at moment,, bless him.

If you saw him vomit right in front of your feet during an IPW:UK ladder match back in the day a bit of dribble wouldn't be anything to worry about!

It makes perfect sense to my disillusioned brain that WWE would take what could have been a great underdog-beating-the-odds dream-capturing moment, and in the end have him achieve it only because the bosses let him.

So do we know how much of the Drake Maverick stuff was a work? Obviously making an angle out of real life sackings is bad enough but was Drake in on the whole thing or did they legitimately let him go out there thinking he was having his last WWE match only to pull the equivalent of “lol we pranked you bro” all for the sake of a storyline?

I know it’s unlikely and I’m probably being worked but at this point I honestly wouldn’t put it past them to toy with someone’s emotions like that whilst simultaneously thinking they’re the good guys in all of this.

Edited by Love-Wilcox

I don't think it was a work. I think his video was genuine, WWE saw the reaction to it and decided to use it. Not the first time that's happened

1 hour ago, Factotum said:

I mean, they better have that the contract is full of a load of shit that Drake has to go through. Types of matches he has to have, people he has to team with etc. It could become a really good little storyline where he signed the contract without reading it and there is now a tonne of shit in it he has to do.

But wouldn't that mean he's been screwed over by a face Regal and a face HHH? 

2 hours ago, Factotum said:

Wherever he goes from here it's at least better than pissing himself.

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

But wouldn't that mean he's been screwed over by a face Regal and a face HHH? 

They don't give a shit about logic.

On 6/5/2020 at 9:54 AM, Devon Malcolm said:

They definitely should have kept her coming out in her Ann Summers gear on a PG show, sure.

Ermmmm, no. I was refering more to the glamourous dresses and beautiful hair and makeup she exibited when she debuted there. When she would just sit on the stage watching or her backstage area stuff. The Smokeshow. Not the latter stage obviously. She's not wrestling anyway.

5 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Just so that I’m clear, Takeover: In Your House is on tomorrow before the go-home episode goes on he network, right?

Yeah. But that’s because on the UK network there is now a 1 week delay because of it being shown live on BT Sport. If you can VPN the Network, it will be on there