Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NEWM

NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

Recommended Posts

That's not the most exciting tourney ever, for me.  Too many NXT UK teams.  Kind of shows how denuded the tag division is right now though.

Incidentally, the Awards show they  broadcast yesterday was terrible.  I had no idea who the two male presenters were but fucking hell they were shit.  The big fella in the shorts with the quiff might be the worst WWE backstage talent I've ever seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Loki said:

That's not the most exciting tourney ever, for me.  Too many NXT UK teams.  Kind of shows how denuded the tag division is right now though.

Incidentally, the Awards show they  broadcast yesterday was terrible.  I had no idea who the two male presenters were but fucking hell they were shit.  The big fella in the shorts with the quiff might be the worst WWE backstage talent I've ever seen.

Sam Roberts and Pat McAfee. Roberts’ podcast is perfectly fine, but I’ve never quite understood why WWE like him so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McAfee played in the NFL for 8 years, retired in 2017 and started punditry for Football, he's a huge WWE fan as well so has managed to get himself onto their backstage team as well. I can see Vince getting a kick out of an 8 year NFL veteran choosing wrestling over football post-career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat is doing loads these days. A daily radio show, a podcast, WWE, College Gameday, ESPN Get Up, Thursday Night College Football and the XFL once that launches as well. Guy is a machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either way, he hasn’t wrestled on NXT or 205 Live (also removed from the 205 Live opening) since October, so he’s not part of  anything at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 6:39 PM, RedRooster said:

Roberts’ podcast is perfectly fine, but I’ve never quite understood why WWE like him so much.

He pays them to be on their shows. Or at least used to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

He pays them to be on their shows. Or at least used to.

Wasn’t that Peter Rosenberg?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BomberPat said:

He pays them to be on their shows. Or at least used to.

But... Why would they do that? Surely he wouldn't be paying them enough that it'd make much difference to their bottom line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made up with the Alex Shelley announcement. I’ve not seen much of his ROH stuff but hopefully he can still go and this leads to a full-time gig. Always been a favourite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoyed the main event this week. All four guys looked decent and the right man went over.

Crazy how legit and important the womens division seems compared to AEW the same night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...