Sign in to follow this  
NEWM

NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

57 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Makes a change from apparently being obsessed with the female wrestlers I suppose.
It's only taken 10 years....

You can thank TildeGuy for that. His gimmick change from SCOOPZ to the vending machine underwear-sniffer stole all your heat. 

Ciampa on Lilian Garcia's podcast is an interesting one - basically saying he's refusing to go to either Raw or Smackdown for a number of reasons. I wonder if (a) that'll last and (b) if he's the only one that will try to pull that. Surely the more NXT proves to be sustainable as a weekly TV show, the less those on it will actually want to move to the other shows? Especially considering how diluted so many of the transfers end up becoming.

3 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

You can thank TildeGuy for that. His gimmick change from SCOOPZ to the vending machine underwear-sniffer stole all your heat. 

Liking Joshi Puroresu = Vending Machine Underwear Sniffer

4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Ciampa on Lilian Garcia's podcast is an interesting one - basically saying he's refusing to go to either Raw or Smackdown for a number of reasons. I wonder if (a) that'll last and (b) if he's the only one that will try to pull that. Surely the more NXT proves to be sustainable as a weekly TV show, the less those on it will actually want to move to the other shows? Especially considering how diluted so many of the transfers end up becoming.

Was thinking about this earlier. They tweeted out that a referee (Jessika Carr) is leaving NXT for Smackers and it was treated very much like a promotion.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

Was thinking about this earlier. They tweeted out that a referee (Jessika Carr) is leaving NXT for Smackers and it was treated very much like a promotion.

Their YouTube channel has her getting the big send-off at Full Sail as well. Including a congratulations speech from Ciampa, although he does call it a lateral move rather than a promotion.

6 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Their YouTube channel has her getting the big send-off at Full Sail as well. Including a congratulations speech from Ciampa, although he does call it a lateral move rather than a promotion.

Thing is - is it even seen as a developmental brand at this stage - at least on the TV show. There's no one getting air time right now who's not TV ready from what I've seen. 

Edited by Wrasslin

8 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

Thing is - is it even seen as a developmental brand at this stage - at least on the TV show. There's no one getting air time right now who's not TV ready from what I've seen. 

I dunno - Aliyah manages to sneak on every so often.

38 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I dunno - Aliyah manages to sneak on every so often.

I like to think that's actually what happens.

"Ok so next up we've got - wait - where's Aliyah?" 

Music hits

"God damn it she's done it again"

Thing is, she'll be the first female ref ever on the 'main' roster, so that is a bit of an achievement.

2 hours ago, Loki said:

Thing is, she'll be the first female ref ever on the 'main' roster, so that is a bit of an achievement.

First one that Vince hasn't sexually assaulted in a limo, anyway.

ALLEGEDLY.

I’ve only seen a clip of the end, but Keith Lee popping up behind Bálor was a brilliant visual. Keith Lee continues to impress week after week. 

The main takeaway from this week is how incredibly fat Ohno now is.  Like a proper fatty - Vader in the 2000s fat, Jake Roberts in Beyond The Mat fat.  His time in the UK has clearly been spent at Greggs and not the gym.

Otherwise a decent episode but not spectacular.  Kushida is back.  There's a Triple Threat match coming for the No 1 contender, for anyone who wasn't sick of those after Survivor Series. WWE is settling into its traditional Christmas malaise that continues until the Rumble. 

I wouldn't say that. Not with NXT anyway. Shayna/Rhea and a solid build up to Cole defending his title both have my attention. They've still managed to keep everything quite focused and on track I feel. I'm intrigued what level of involvement they'll have in the Rumble next year though. Especially after Survivor Series.

I thought NXT did an impressive job in capitalising on the Survivor Series buzz this week. This felt like the most effective show of the wars yet in terms of getting people up and down the card over. I thought the format was something they should stick to, perfect mix of in ring promos, vignettes, short interviews etc. The Kushida and Swerve Scott vids are the kind of little things I wish AEW would do with their mid-card babyfaces, instead of thinking competitive matches is enough. Things have started to heat up too, with the spectacular Shayna/Ripley stuff, the Balor/Dakota heel turns and Keith Lee becoming the biggest rising star in wrestling. It taking main roster exposure for Keith Lee to break out is some bizaroo world shit and it's great to see them run with it. They've certainly got me invested. Where does Lee go from here? I don't think he needs the belt but he shouldn't be losing either. Call up? Whatever happens I hope we get more Lee/Balor out of it.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash