NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'll admit it. I've enjoyed Adrian Neville the last couple of weeks. A huge part of that comes down to him working with the two most over guys on the roster, but he's showed an extra bit of spark himself. It helps that the stench of Corey Graves seems to have worn off. I liked the little tease of the turnbuckle coming into use in the Bo Dallas match, also loved Dalla's sneaky shite winning methods.

The new vapid backstage interviewer is awful, and the ring announcer's even worse. Just let Renee do everything.

I really noticed it this week, that the great thing about NXT is that it's so busy yet nothing seems rushed. It would be great if it were 90 minutes just so you didn't have to go three weeks without seeing Aiden English, for example, but they totally make the best of the time available. Especially now that Main Event is generally an afterthought (although there was a tidy little Goldust/Ryback match this week), it's by far the best TV show that they do.

And yeah, Renee should be all over everything, she's amazing.

Anyone who doubts the awesomeness of NXT need know one thing - the future barnstormer between Cesaro and Regal was put in motion by an announcer stepping on a flag by accident.

Yeah the build to this match has been pretty great. You got the impression that Byron Saxton was doomed in that segment, whether he did what Cesaro wanted or not, because Cesaro is a complete prick. When he started roughing up Saxton I loved it how he (and the camera) kept looking over to the entrance before asking where the fuck Regal was. You realise that this is Cesaro's way of trying to get Regal out, guns blazing. But Regal never came. They haven't even touched each other yet. If this was a Raw 'feud' they would have already fought fifteen times for no particular reason. The match won't even air until Jan!

Everything's paced so well. The fact that it's one hour is perfect. One of the problems with wrestling tv at the minute is pretty much everyone's on every show. You can almost call the whole show from the first segment. With NXT, because there is such a short time frame, you don't know who's going to be on each week, which is much more refreshing and entertaining. It's not afraid to say "hey, we know you're here for one match, but here's some quick matches thrown in to keep you going", instead of treating every match like its on PPV. Sure, there might be the odd duffer, but the show-long angles and big match hype are top notch.

NXT is the only show I watch without fast forwarding.

Anyone who doubts the awesomeness of NXT need know one thing - the future barnstormer between Cesaro and Regal was put in motion by an announcer stepping on a flag by accident.

I fucking love NXT.

This.

Loving NXT right now. One hour is perfect. I like the fact that certain guys don't wrestle for a few weeks as it makes it a big deal when they appear. The matches are good. The stories are simple. Really really enjoy it.