NEWM

NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Have they ever even mentioned that on TV? Must have missed it if so. Still doesn’t make any sense for informing her wrestling but at least it’s an explanation!

After they explained it, JR called her a Yachtswoman and a yachting enthusiast in most episodes. Then he called her pirate. He never sounded happy calling her any of those things. Maybe because she wasn’t a farmer or someone who killed dogs.     

Edited by TheBurningRed

54 minutes ago, JLM said:

The insane elbow should surely have some kind of anchor dropping reference though.

Her Bridging Boston crab is called the Anchor.

She used to call her elbow finisher The Seven Seas in Stardom but that got changed as soon as she signed.

2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

After they explained it, JR called her a Yachtswoman and a yachting enthusiast in most episodes. Then he called her pirate. He never sounded happy calling her any of those things. Maybe because she wasn’t a farmer or someone who killed dogs.     

I'm trying to find a soundbyte of what he actually called her, because he stumbled like fuck when he was talking about Kairi's yachting and he sounded like a right tit.

"She boatie, yachtsman" or something equally as nonsensical.

4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I'm trying to find a soundbyte of what he actually called her, because he stumbled like fuck when he was talking about Kairi's yachting and he sounded like a right tit.

"She boatie, yachtsman" or something equally as nonsensical.

It was "she yachtsman".

On 8/29/2017 at 9:46 PM, Tamura said:

For those that may be wondering about Kairi's ring attire, she's a yachtsperson, she yachtsman, she likes boating

Edited by Tamura

31 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Didn't Cole call her something naff at last year's Rumble?

Probably. But he’s more likely to have said she likes to have fun. 

55 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Didn't Cole call her something naff at last year's Rumble?

He said she had a yachting persona.

Couple of things on last week's show, that sell through the ropes from O'Reilly (or Fish) from Black's kick was incredible. What a guy.

Loved Ciampa watching from the box. Remember they used to do that all the time? Like Tyson watching "Cold Stone" or the WCW guys at Mania 17. Can't recall the last time I saw it.

I love Dream but his DVD sucks.

The more I see of the Dream, the more I'm going to dread his main roster call-up, where he'll be forever restricted and will be on The Fashion Files within two months. His promo with the Undisputed Era this week was so bloody effortless. He's WWE's answer to the gaping hole that The Rock left and we're all going to be rightly devastated when he's trading wins with the lower ranks and doing awful comedy sketches.

2 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

The more I see of the Dream, the more I'm going to dread his main roster call-up, where he'll be forever restricted and will be on The Fashion Files within two months. His promo with the Undisputed Era this week was so bloody effortless. He's WWE's answer to the gaping hole that The Rock left and we're all going to be rightly devastated when he's trading wins with the lower ranks and doing awful comedy sketches.

Stop being an actual wrestling fan

2 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Totally agree. Hope they save him for a really special and memorable debut. 

The way they've brought up Black, Ricochet, Ciampa and Gargano is so disappointing. Their talent should take them through eventually but such a lacklustre start has them pissing against the wind straight away.

I’m another who only watches NXT now but keep an eye on headlines/results on the main shows. Used to pay a lot more attention back in the day so had heard of Roode/Roderick and a few others but not a clue who Lee, Cole, Fish, O’Reilly, Divokovic, Gargano, Ciampa, Ricochet, Black etc were. 

Also what is the Ibushi/Ospreay camera angle thing referred to a few pages back?

1 hour ago, adequate8 said:

Also what is the Ibushi/Ospreay camera angle thing referred to a few pages back?