NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

That Nakamura makes Hideo Itami look like a right embarrassment. Absolutely fantastic showing against Sami Zayn, who I've gone right off since he's been on Raw but he was on great form here as well. Cracking match. It might be premature, but they should have a few of the writers thinking up what he's doing on Raw this Monday.

Had to stay spoiler free all day as I couldn't stay up for the show with being in work at 9.30 this morning, well worth making that sacrifice, what a show!!!!

Made up American Alpha won the tag titles, they have become my favourite team by far on either roster beating out Enzo and Cass

The Aries/Corbin match was the only weak match of the night, and even using the word weak is harsh as it was a decent match

Zayn/Nakamura has stole the entire weekend for me, incredible match. This was my first proper taste of seeing Shinsuke in the ring and I want so much more, just hope Sami has plenty left in the tank for the ladder match tomorrow

Loved the finish for the Women's match, put Asuka over massively yet didn't diminish Bayley in any way by having her pass out like a warrior rather than tapping. Heard talk that little Izzy had to be taken out in tears which just proves how much magic there still is in wrestling for little ones, though saw some right cunty remarks making fun of her on the comments section of a news site

Main event was great if a little spoilt by the constant stoppages, little bit surprised by Finn retaining but what a great nod to Wrestlemania past by doing the finish to Hart/Piper from WM8

• Paid Members

Most NXT matches leave me cold, and the artificial "everything is awesome!" Impact Zone-level crowds annoy me (the London show was unbearable). But both the Nakamura match and the crowd during it were special.

They need to get this guy on the main shows quick. Anyone who looks at him as a talent that needs "developing" is mental.

• Paid Members

I think he needs to tone back his facial expressions a little. My only fault with the match was that they are a little too distracting. But fuck me the amount he stands out compared to anyone else is superb. Even in his Test away kit pleather trousers.

. Match for match, I'd have to go back years for a better show.

I completely agree. You'd be hard pushed to find a better 5 match card anywhere. Possibly my favourite start to finish show since the first ECW One Night Stand.

American Alpha are like a cross between Team Angle and The Steiners and The Revival are excellent as the old school heels. The tag opener was classic tag wrestling - hot tags, cheating behind the Ref's back, great "face in peril" time and a white hot finish. There are tons of little awesome things that The Revival do that flash me back to 80s teams like Arn/Tully and the Midnights and I loved the fact that the only time that Jordan/Gable broke up a pin was after a cheap-shot move from The Revival. Other than that they played it completely straight and all of Revival's cheating was done on the sly. Classic, simple tag stuff - but a lost art these days. NXT is wonderful. JR must have loved it.

But both the Nakamura match and the crowd during it were special.

They need to get this guy on the main shows quick. Anyone who looks at him as a talent that needs "developing" is mental.

New Japan first saw fit to put the IWGP Title on him back in 2003. Pretty much speaks for itself. Suppose WWE need to do what they need to do, but with language skills that only time will improve and already having established his in-ring credentials, it's a bit odd that he should end up in NXT, albeit the coolest of their brands. Anyway, better than him vs. Cena. If that ever happens, I'll cry and not in a good way.

Nakamura vs Cena will be a 5 snowflake match, truss.

If there's any Japanese wrestler that'd have an amazing match with Cena it's Naka, the guy's a natural sports entertainer as well as being the greatest wrassler around and I could see them meshing.

There was a lady with long red (dyed) hair in the crowd who featured prominently in the background a few times. Should I have recognised her?

A lot of indy wrestlers with connections get comped or have an in for the NXT shows with so many shows in the area. Pretty much that. Wrestling is still the wrestling business ;-)
Any idea who she was as I may be in love?

If it's who I'm thinking of, she's a northern irish wrestler called Lauren laroux.

Anyway, better than him vs. Cena. If that ever happens, I'll cry and not in a good way.

Why? That sounds like a peach of a match to me.

No time for the man. Never did have. Though it wasn't absolutely the case, if there had been one wrestler who finally turned me away from WWE for good in '03, it'd have been him and the push he got. No intention of starting a WWE rant. I simply don't watch it anymore. Seen enough of him to know I wouldn't want to watch his ugly-ass style against a true fight scholar.

Nakamura does need to lose all the facials though. I've mentioned it before, along with his OTT selling, at times. I'm guessing the last 2 years of his time in New Japan were spent developing all these little gimmicks, with WWE in mind. To be honest, it was becoming something of a source of irritation.

Edited by KingofSports

• Moderators

Cena of 03 holds no relation to his in ring abilities now. He's well respected for some years amongst the more discerning wrestling fan for it these days. There's a Greatest Wrestler Ever ballot on a very passionate forum I frequent, and he looks sure to finish quite well in it. Because he is a quality pro wrestler.

Edited by PowerButchi

• neil locked this topic