NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

There's room for blubber in wrestling without their finisher being a Big Bum Splash.

I really don't think most fans give a shit about physiques as much as this place seems to. I'd already be used to Kassius' tum by now if it wasn't for the poor cover up job. Think of it like the always sunny crew just wanting Mac to come out the closet and be happy

Nothing wrong with Owens' presentation, he's keeping the rolls under control and selling merch

I just don't care about that stuff, I can appreciate the chiseled physiques even more with a variety of body shapes. As long as they carry themselves well, are entertaining and presented as well as possible a wrestler can look like anybody imo

Can agree with above poster though that Ohno needs to work his weight into his matches more and embrace the hoss role. He does a back senton and that's about it, and to my eyes Aries hits a better elbow right now, so I can't say I've been that impressed with him, theme tune aside.

Haven't seen him since he was skinny in CZW with the superman H shirt

Edited by sj5522

His match with Scurll in Progress last year was an absolute belter. Actually all his work in Progress last year was stellar.

I'm not sure he's a 3 minute TV match worker, but he's genuinely one of the most versatile and believable wrestlers I've seen, live or otherwise.

But yeah,tuck out the jersey.

Why is everyone slating Ohno now for his physique when it didn't matter to us when he was tearing it up on the indies for the last few years.

I've always hated him. It's not even just his physique, he just has a face like a twat. Over rated useless bin wanker

I never watched Ohno in his first NXT run and never saw him in the indies. So I can only base my opinion on his current NXT run and yes, his look is terrible. I don't care if someone's putting on the pounds but you gotta make up for that with some bad-ass gear. Y'know, like Mabel.

• Paid Members

Good show last night. Will have to re watch the main event as I was falling asleep during it. Not because of the wrestling, but wrestlemania weekend is a long weekend. All the matches were good though.

Ohno's gear was much better than the TV tapings. 

DIY and The Revival walked AoP through that match and delivered the match of the night. 

• Paid Members

Ohno looked miles better at Takeover. There's still something about Killian Dain that just doesn't make him seem like a monster to me and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

• Paid Members

You have my sympathy, Swing.

I really enjoyed the main event and tag match. The rest was decent enough.

Pleased Nakamura didn't win, because the result pretty much confirms he's going to the main show soon.

Yeah, not really much of a fan of Killian Dain. He's a decent size, but his physique is awful. Definitely needs a singlet.

Also, it's taking me a while to warm to Aleister Black. Mainly because, with his hair/beard/tattoos, he looks the type that spends his Saturday afternoon at Topman and Costa, rather than being all dark and Undertaker.

Delighted Drew is back and in NXT. He'll be a bonafide main eventer there compared to being just fodder on the main roster. I really enjoyed his Indy run, he put his heart and soul into it so deserves this second chance to shine.

He was unlucky to get let go in the first place, he was amongst a bunch that released after the network launch and it hadn't taken off into making any money straight away.

A run on the indies did him the world of good as he seemed to get a bit of confidence back, and TNA were so insignificant at the time that he doesn't even have the TNA-stink to get rid of

Edited by WyattSheepMask