NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Yeah, agreed on Murphy, he's great. The last few times he's shown up have been as a babyface IIRC (one of those was in Australia, to be fair) but I think he could do really well in that role.

Graves seemed to be trying to put over some sort of "unluckiest guy in the world" gimmick for him on commentary, coming up with another misfortune that had befallen him each week (his dog ran away, he got evicted, the airline lost his luggage etc.) but that seemed to be more of an in-joke than to be taken in any way seriously.

I honestly think he'd really suit a "stereotypical Aussie bloke" gimmick - a modern twist on Outback Jack, perhaps...

I don't think Blake and Murphy ever got the respect they deserve either, although I do think Murphy on his own is well worth a shot, he looked excellent against Ibushi although y'know, Ibushi.

Rumour went around a couple weeks ago that they're repackaging Blake and Murphy as a team again though.

Edited by BrodyGraham

I honestly think he'd really suit a "stereotypical Aussie bloke" gimmick - a modern twist on Outback Jack, perhaps...

I like this idea, film a bunch of vignettes of him sunbathing in a pool with a tinny in his hand. Could be like the Shining Stars, except good

Just got done watching NXT and first thoughts were "that's it"?? Got to say this might be the most underwhelmed I have been for any takeover as far back as I can recall. Sure their will be some decent matches, I am actually looking forward to Dillinger/Young, and I reckon the main event will be interesting. However my issue with Roode is the character, music, pomp and ceremony just outshine his matches, I don't think I could even give you 3 Bobby Roode matches that I can point to and go "That was a classic", once the music stops and bell rings is he capable of anything more than a good match, can he go to that next level, he won't have a better chance than Saturday against Nakamura so let's see. I am hoping they can pull it off.

Roose v Aries at Destination X 2012 was pretty great. He works a pretty safe style which is fine, hasn't faced someone the calibre of Nakamura yet so I think he can definitely deliver

I'm not as hyped as I have been for other cards but I feel like all the title matches are pretty damn hard to predict which hasnt always been the case

I'd honestly have Asuka lose the title without being pinned and being promoted as unbeaten. Get the strap on Cross. I'm not keen on the idea of Ember Moon taking it off her at this point - Asukas just too fucking good and Ember badly needs a character to go along with her good presentation and ring skills

This is definitely the weakest Takeover line-up yet on paper, but they have never done a bad one yet and I'm sure there will be plenty of good stuff on this weekend's show.

I'm assuming Asuka will get called up to the main roster the night after WM33, so I'm very happy for her and Ember Moon to both remain undefeated until then and face off in one of that Takeover's main events.

The Raw women's division will be ready for some new blood by then and Ember Moon fending off the Aussie's will keep things moving along in NXT's women's division.

I'd just have Asuka leave NXT undefeated with the title which she will relinquish.

Then you can use a tournament for the vacant title. Maybe even do a network special ala CWC style thing to determine the new champ. SHould be able to make new stars that way. 

I'd just have Asuka leave NXT undefeated with the title which she will relinquish.

Then you can use a tournament for the vacant title. Maybe even do a network special ala CWC style thing to determine the new champ. SHould be able to make new stars that way. 

This is from November...

– According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the plan is for WWE to run a Women’s Tournament (similar to the Cruiserweight Classic) in early 2017. This has been rumored for some time. Talents have been contacted, with some being told January and some March.

Makes perfect sense.  :thumbsup:

Do you think the UK tournament has resulted in this being put on the back burner though? Those announcements came about after the women's tournament rumours.

I don't think it'll make a difference, the UK tourney was a 2 night show, this would probably be a series lasting a few weeks

Did they sign 2 new Japanese women a little while back or did I imagine that?

Edited by sj5522

• Awards Moderator

Quite enjoyed that show, full of acts I enjoy watching like Ember, No Way Jose, Drifter, Peyton and Billie.

I'm not mega hyped for Takeover but I'm sure it's still going to be a good watch. The Roode-Nakamura video was very good.

Favourite part of this week's show was Drifter interrupting Jose post-match. The guy is such a good twat, it's fantastic. I'd be happy for them to be added to the card on Saturday.

Has Percy Watson said a single thing that's added anything of any value to anything since he started on commentary? The guy's worthless. Where's the Percy Watson who was the best thing on the second series of Original NXT?

Edited by HarmonicGenerator