NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Yeah Ibushi is still part-time/unsigned. You had unsigned talent in the last tournament too- Rhyno, Gargano and Ciampa at the time were all unsigned. I don't think Mustafa Ali or the Bollywood Boyz are signed either this year.

Edited by PunkStep

Ember Moon seems to have gone to the shadows, feels like we haven't seen her for a while. It looked to me like they were setting up Liv/Aliyah vs. Peyton/Billie for Takeover, with Aliyah being from Toronto and all.

Guessing Moon will be featured more prominently once Asuka's done with Mickie James, in time for the next Takeover... which might be Wrestlemania weekend? After NXT London was NXT Dallas, wasn't it?

Last year it was London then Dallas, but they've got a Takeover before Royal Rumble this time around.

Moon taking a bit of a backseat for now is fine as the other women need a bit of tv time too. If they were to just get fed to Moon just so that she's on the show most weeks then they're not going to get anywhere.

Billie Kay & Payton Royce have largely been used in the jobber role before but now are been given some proper tv time to hone some character for themselves.

I don't really have time for Liv Morgan though as she's essentially just doing the same "I'm a Jerrsey girl" gimmick that Carmella did. They've come too close together (oh er!) and there doesn't seem to really be much to her other playing upto where she's from.

But, it is the developmental league after all, so hopefully she can become something in time.

Tye is great, and I can't wait for the Canadian derby at Toronto. Even his fireman neckbreaker I'm starting to get into, when I originally thought it was duff.

DIY is a terrible terrible name. Just makes no sense, even with the tortured explanation in their promo weeks ago. Should have gone with CGI - Ciampa, Gargano, whatever I-word they fancy. At least that could've been used as inspiration for the gear and tron.

Disappointed Kay and Royce are just doing the bitchy sistahs routine rather than playing up the fact they both have appearances straight out of Batman & Robin style panto villainy. Both starting to show great personality even if they've still got the rookie hesitance when it comes to the actual wrestling.

• Paid Members

Austin Aries on the shelf until at least the end of the year.

That's a shitter, he's been pretty decent lately. Still, at least this means him and Itami - who will also be back later this year - can pick up their feud without faffing about waiting for the other to return. Roderick Strong could be fucked short-term, he needed that tag with Aries.

I don't read NXT news in case I accidentally spoil taping results, but I thought I heard someone on Live Audio Wrestling say one of The Revival were injured? Can anybody shed any light on that without giving Dusty Classic spoilers?

• Paid Members

DIY felt another instant failure to me as a name too, but I felt exactly the same with Jordan & Gable and Dash & Dawson but both team names grew on me eventually. I imagine it'll seem fine soon enough.

More great stuff this week as usual, up and down the card. Except Hoho Lun, he's the pits isn't he?

For all the good in NXT, they don't half have some shite tag team names.

American Alpha

DIY

The Mechanics

TM-61

Authors of Pain

Mince, all of them. 

• Paid Members

“Authors of Pain” isn’t that bad. The rest? Definitely.

Agree, not bad for a team name.

You can't count The Mechanics- they changed it months ago. Plus it wasn't used for that long, was it?

Yeah I remember thinking The Revival was worse than the Mechanics, but again, I've sort of got used to it now.

Mind, I think in my head I still call them 'Dash & Dawson' which is still what I think they should have just stuck with.