NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

On the subject of females in line for a big push, I thought Peyton Royce was putting together a string of good matches and some good character work earlier this year.

I don't know if she got injured or just stopped appearing on TV, but Billie Kay became a TV regular and got a good spot on NXT Takeover in Brooklyn despite not being as good imo.

Ā 

If Asuka and Ember Moon are staying babyface for a while, I'd choose Royce to be the next heel in line.

Only just got round to watching last weeks episode and this weeks:

Ā 

-I've never noticed Regal's Blackpool canvas in his office before, it's little touches like that which I really like.

-Crowd chanting "Glorious 10!", I'm thinking to myself "Perfectly Glorious sounds much better" then Roode hits it at the end of the promo. Perfectly Glorious or Gloriously Perfect? Either one is better than Glorious 10.

Every time I see Angelo Dawkins, I can't see past that he just comes across as a shit D-Lo Brown.

-I actually quite enjoyed the Itami/Dorado match, shame the crowd was so quite for it. They only ever seem to respond to Itami when he's going for the GTS.

Itami's shoulder really is fucked isn't it, post match his victory arms couldn't get past quarter past ten. He seems to be able to work around it in these shorter TV matches, but I worry for him if he's going to have to have longer matches on Takeovers or if he ever makes it to the main roster.

Ā 

As for this week,

-Interesting new look for Patrick Clark which could have potential depending which direction they want to go with it and how much effort they want to put into it. At least it's a look and not just another guy in kickpads and he's built.

- Roode completly undid his fantastic team naming from last week by now referring to Glorious 10. Having said that, he's a star in the waiting, and needs to be on the main roster no later than the night after Wrestlemania.

- Dan Matha: Sure, he has the exact kind of look that Vince would crack one off to, but he's going to die a death at Full Sail due to his lack of internet points.

- WWE still involved with the Susan G. Komen con-artists then?

- Really enjoyed the main event, and probably Cien's best match to date, and the heel turn has been a long time coming. He's good in the ring, but putting him against fan favourites in Dillenger and Roode put him on the back foot from the very beginning

They're an awareness group, not a research charity.

They only donate a small amount to actual research facilities, and the rest is spend on salaries and viral marketing & merchandising, such as charity water bottles that contain BPAs which have been linked to tumour growth in...breast cancer.

They also have imposed donation caps on items sold by companies in the past. So if a shop was to sell $1m worth of items, but the deal stipulates that the money raised for the donations are capped, the rest of the money just goes to the Susan G. Komen company-http://archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/magazine/articles/2009/10/04/sick_of_pink/

They had a deal with KFC a few years back to sell pink buckets, because the best way to raise money for charity is to do by giving people heart disease instead.

Ā 

Oh, and they tried sueing over 100 charities over the use of the word 'cure' and the phrase "for the cure"http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/793176

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator

I'm now fully on board the Authors Of Pain train. They're great.

Ā 

I had hoped to get similarly on board with Dan Matha, but the sheer level of backne on him is off-putting. He took a good beating from Joe, though.

Ā 

Roode and Dillinger against Sanity? I'm predicting Dillinger to lose it, Roode to turn on him, Roode vs. Dillinger at Takeover, GLORIOUS.

Ā 

Cien finally turned! Looking forward to seeing where it goes - him against Cedric's the obvious first step, and I wonder whether with a bit of time heel Cien vs Nakamura could work.

• Paid Members

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I've obviously missed something there - con artists?

Ā 

Philanthropy is the future of marketing, it's the way brands r going 2 win.

• Paid Members

Ā 

Ā 

I've obviously missed something there - con artists?

Ā 

Philanthropy is the future of marketing, it's the way brands r going 2 win.

Ā 

Ā 

See what you did there!Ā  :thumbsup:

Looks likeĀ Dan Matha's push has stopped before it even started, he must have upset someone. Get attacked by Joe from the front and offer pretty much zero resistance, not the most ofĀ auspicious of starts. Looks like they are going somewhere with the Liv Morgan storyline, hopefully this means she'll be ditching the unhelpful Jersey girl gimmick.

Maybe the Dan Matha build with the vignettes was all just to help build into the Joe story. That's what I thought right away. The vignettes looked fairly cheap and generic, not very committed to a guy who, while 6'8 looks extremely bland and has a weird spotty body. It would have seemed quite uncharacteristically low-rent of NXT to give this guy this monster push.

Maybe the Dan Matha build with the vignettes was all just to help build into the Joe story. That's what I thought right away. The vignettes looked fairly cheap and generic, not very committed to a guy who, while 6'8 looks extremely bland and has a weird spotty body. It would have seemed quite uncharacteristically low-rent of NXT to give this guy this monster push.

yeh i thought the exact same, his entrance graphics/music mustve been the worst in a while too - not up to scratch with previous pushes.