NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

The new ring announcer is awful.

I understand they have to put the likes of Cutler, No Way Jose, Liv Morgan, Angelo Dawkins on the show as they need experience but as soon as Nakamura, Asuka, Aries, Roode and Joe get called up you're left with a bunch of Shit arses and the show goes to shit.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Which is why they never all get called up in bulk like that (despite constant calls from NXT fans for them all to come at once) and you're left with plenty of decent names to keep the ship afloat whilst the new ones settle in a bit. I feel for the most part that they've got the balance just about spot on over the past 3 years or so, the only exception being the current women's division, but there's no harm in having Asuka and Ember Moon as two tippy-toppies head and shoulders about the rest.

I understand they have to put the likes of Cutler, No Way Jose, Liv Morgan, Angelo Dawkins on the show as they need experience but as soon as Nakamura, Asuka, Aries, Roode and Joe get called up you're left with a bunch of Shit arses and the show goes to shit.

Dasha isn't new, she splits ring announcing duties with Greg Hamilton on TV tapings

• Awards Moderator

Quite a few guys on this week's show in the 'where do we go from here' position, I thought. 

Tye Dillinger's an odd one. Perfect 10 is great, but he's competing for space in the 'I'm the best' gimmick with 'The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived' AND 'GLORIOUS' and he's not coming out on top against either of those. He's not quite at NXT Title level but he's a bit too high up for anything else, he hasn't really had a proper feud but he feels like he's faced just about everyone. I don't know what you do with him, he's reminding me a bit of Tyler Breeze this time last year. I'd probably send him up to the main roster, he'd fit in on the SmackDown midcard.

The Revival were ace this week, they've really grown on me since the American Alpha matches, they're a fucking great tag team, but after they rematch with Gargano and Ciampa (and probably lose the belts to them? It makes sense, but so did them losing to Enzo & Cass at one point and that never happened) what's left for them on NXT? They could do with getting some more teams established quick sharp. There's TM61, and the AOP, and that's about it. In a just world they'd head on up and be an awesome top heel team on one show or the other but I don't want them lost in the shuffle and I'm almost certain that's what'll happen to them.

Andrade I've talked about before - they need to either turn him or stop putting him against heels that the crowd likes more than they like him. Austin Aries isn't gonna help with that.

No Way Jose's grown on me recently as well, but if he's going up against Roode, he's losing, and you can't have him lose every major rivalry he's in.

And then Nakamura. He did a good job with his English on that promo - it wasn't the clearest thing in the world but because he's Nakamura you still hang on every word and it's kind of a non-issue. I'd guess a Joe rematch but after that - Roode? Itami? 

Interesting times ahead.

Roode needs to go to the Raw or Smackdown main event. Pronto. It's ridiculous already. He oozes main event in a way very few people do.

It's almost offensive him slumming it on NXT with some of the shite in top positions on the main shows.

In what way is she awful? She seemed to do her job fine from what I heard.

Roode needs to go to the Raw or Smackdown main event. Pronto. It's ridiculous already. He oozes main event in a way very few people do.

It's almost offensive him slumming it on NXT with some of the shite in top positions on the main shows.

Roode, Joe and Nakamura all need to be on Raw or Smackdown, but as has already been discussed NXT would then be weak in the main event.

NXT Takeover announced for Toronto as part of Survivor Series weekend, the crowd will be piping hot.

On a side note the next NXT champion will be the 10th champion, how cool would it be if Dillinger were to do it?

Speaking of Dillinger, with the whole '10' thing wouldn't it be cool if he had a finisher that was a 10 count out? Not sure if that's ever been done before? 

I know the whole point of NXT is to get people ready for Raw/Smackdown, but good grief, everyone comes off like a star and in some cases eg Joe, Nakamura, Balor, Roode an absolute superstar in NXT.

When they appear on the main roster they just become an afterthought after a few months, forgotten about, and the crowd stops giving a shit.

American Alpha have barely gotten a reaction these past couple of weeks, such a shame.