NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I'm not convinced by a Joe lesnar match, because Joe's style always works better with people who are smaller or around his size, and I havent seen Joe take enough suplexes to make me think hed work well with Brock.

• Paid Members

I'm not convinced by a Joe lesnar match, because Joe's style always works better with people who are smaller or around his size, and I havent seen Joe take enough suplexes to make me think hed work well with Brock.

Maybe they could just leave the fifteen fucking suplexes out of it then? I love seeing a good suplex but they're killing the fun in Lesnar's matches. They should be building it into it now. Guys finding novekl ways to avoid suplexes. It'd mean more when he then wore them down enough to hit one.

After a few dull as fuck weeks on NXT I am pleased to see the show back to a good standard.

Eric Young looked great and it was nice to see him get the reaction which he got. Well received. I seem to remember his tattoo looking completely different in TNA but I guess that was the cheap lack of brightness on the lights above the ring.

Austin Aries - Once again he's on form. Looking forward to seeing him in another feud soon.

The Rivival - Best tag team in wrestling currently.

Tye Dillinger - What a talent. So much energy and confidence towards the way he portrays his character. The "10 Count is catchy and works. I remember being in Dallas for Mania and a small "10 chant broke out although he wasn't even in a match or shown. Good times.

Really not digging Finn Balor though. He had the title for 280+ days and I struggle to remember any of it apart from some cool face paint he wore on the way out.

• Paid Members

They won't though, will they? Any brock match is going to be pretty one sided with lots of suplexes with occasionally bright hope spots, and I don't think that'll suit Joe.

It'll suit sami zayn down to the ground though

• Paid Members

When I say Joe would be the best to thing to ever happen to Lesnar, I mean in the sense that Brock is seriously floundering at the minute. He's done almost nothing of note this year, other than squash Ambrose in a rubbish match.

They've ran out of people for him to fight and the only thing on the horizon appears to be a dreadful feud with the shitty Wyatts. The sooner they start building Joe up to feud with him the better.

I stick with the claim that they have an absolute amazing roster at the moment, too. Don't get me wrong, a good portion of their best guys are on the developmental show or trading wins in the midcard, and it's almost a certainty that they won't use them to anywhere close to their fullest potential, but look at how much talent they have. Nakamura, AJ, Zayn, Owens, Rollins, Ambrose and Joe to name but a few. They shouldn't have a bad pay per view main event for at least the next three years.

Joe Vs Cena is the match I want to see. Plus they have a history that can be intertwined into an actual storyline.

That's the big one for me as well. My only concern is it being too similar to the Cena vs Fat Darling feud from last year, but the shared backstory should be enough to distinguish it and it could be great. That would be on SummerSlam for me, and build Joe to challenge Reigns in the autumn.

• Paid Members

I stick with the claim that they have an absolute amazing roster at the moment, too. Don't get me wrong, a good portion of their best guys are on the developmental show or trading wins in the midcard, and it's almost a certainty that they won't use them to anywhere close to their fullest potential, but look at how much talent they have. Nakamura, AJ, Zayn, Owens, Rollins, Ambrose and Joe to name but a few. They shouldn't have a bad pay per view main event for at least the next three years.

Loads of ability but not one of those guys is a star. And if we're honest, nearly all of them will never be stars. They've got tons of talent but it's nothing like the best roster they've had. Hardly compares to when they had HBK, HHH, Undertaker, Lesnar, Goldberg, Cena, Batista, Orton, Edge, Angle, Benoit, Guerrero, Mysterio, RVD, Nunzio, Booker T, etc all close to their prime. I was just having a laugh but it is serious hyperbole.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Maybe not the best roster they've ever had. But certainly the best in years. You're right that none of them are stars, but I wouldn't say any of them are to blame for that. They all have massive potential, which they display weekly. The current climate makes it impossible for anyone to break out though. Payback really hammered it home. Kevin Owens in the space of about half an hour had a cracking match, which got an amazing reaction considering the haunting injury they had to follow, cut a good promo, hit all of his spots perfectly in a post-match brawl and was a riot on commentary. He's fantastic. Tubby, sure, but talented as fuck. That guys like him aren't megastars is criminal.

• Paid Members

No Way Jose is really shit.  Fuck dancing gimmicks, honestly, they do my head in.

I'm with you 100% on this one.

Also, is it just me or has Austin Aries been pretty shit since he arrived? He was arguably one of the best in-ring guys in the world a few years back, but he just looks tired now. At 38 he is years past his peak, so I wonder what their plans are for him. If he's there just to be a good hand for the developmental guys to work with, then fair enough. I don't want to see him pushed though.

I thought he made Corbin look a million dollars taking that beatdown on his debut, and since then he's only had 3 televised matches and 1 promo so I think it's a bit early to judge whether it's been a success or not.

I remember people saying the same about Samoa Joe in his first few months last year when he was just drifting along. Once he got something to sink his teeth into - turning heel on Balor - he was revitalised and is in great form now.

Hopefully Aries ends up the same way.  :thumbsup:

Yeah I think Aries really starts to shine when he settles in a bit. I imagine fairly soon he'll ramp up the smug heel stuff which will give him a decent feud to get stuck into, and down the line I could see him vs Nakamura in a Number One Contenders match at a Takeover being an absolute monster.

For me he's best as a heel who eventually gets turned for being too ace (pretty much how it went in TNA didn't it?) rather than at the moment where he's a face who's not getting cheered because he's a little unspectacular.

The Joe comparison is fair too, it's really hard to bring a known star in as anything other than an 'oh my god look who's here' babyface, so now that's out the way a bit with Aries, he can crack on.

No Way Jose is really shit. Fuck dancing gimmicks, honestly, they do my head in.

I'm with you 100% on this one.

Also, is it just me or has Austin Aries been pretty shit since he arrived? He was arguably one of the best in-ring guys in the world a few years back, but he just looks tired now. At 38 he is years past his peak, so I wonder what their plans are for him. If he's there just to be a good hand for the developmental guys to work with, then fair enough. I don't want to see him pushed though.

I thought his match with Tye Dillinger this week was really good, and he'll always be over enough with that crowd to be moved into bigger stuff. There's a few guys like him at the moment that I feel just need a storyline direction. At the moment there's too many guys who just have matches.