NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Loki said:

I tell you, in that HalfTime Heat match, I thought The Dream stood out as the megastar in the making.  The best bit of the whole match was him checking his playbook on his wrist in between sequences.  He's just so unbelievably talented and physically impressive. 

I can't get excited about Dream. I just refuse to let myself because I know he should be the nearest thing they'll ever have to The Rock but he's going to end up in a tag team with Xavier Woods.

• Paid Members

The level of praise Dreams gets from announcers seems to suggest they view him as a real prospect - the problem is that we have to rely on WWE to make that happen. 

I've said before that one thing I love about Velveteen Dream is that he doesn't wear the same gear all the time, or walk to the ring in his official WWE T-shirt, he doesn't look like his own action figure. He's dressed differently every time you see him, but it never feels out of character - that speaks volumes about what a complete, well-rounded character he is that he can dress up in mock-NFL gear for Halftime Heat, dress up as Hogan for a match, dress in boxing gear for a match with Kassius Ohno, and whatever else takes his fancy, and it still 100% is the same character underneath. I worry about how WWE would ruin that - I think Bray Wyatt's character was killed the moment he showed up wearing his own merchandise, as if he was logging on to WWEShop.com in his murder cabin.

17 hours ago, Winston said:

I hope we're looking back at promos like this after a long and successful career - 

Jeez, when was this? He was just a kid surely...

dream isn’t a personal fave of mine, but I would love it if it he was a breakout star. Someone posted in the rumble thread about him winning it all and it really made me start to yearn for that ‘fairytale ending’...

1 hour ago, Winston said:

Had never heard of Bugenhagen before but what a debut! So entertaining.

They had him come back out later on in the tapings for an encore, he’s the new Blue Pants.

He reminds me of Trevor from GTA 5/Simon From The Walking Dead

The-Walking-Dead-7.05-Go-Getters-Simon.p

Really enjoyed this weeks show.

Good to see Gulak as I don’t watch 205, cracking match with Riddle.

Io being fast tracked to the top of the division is what I was hoping for, a match with Belair on the way too hopefully.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

It was fine until he started screaming. Any wrestler that fucking screams for their gimmick is instant go away heat for me. 

Riddle vs Gulak was bloody awesome. I don't get to see Drew much on 205, I love it when they drop in guys like this. He doesn't jump off the screen but he can talk. Riddle is a guy I'd be putting on the main roster asap.

It's like they've replaced No Way José with Ric Rude cosplaying Joey Ryan.  What a weird fucking gimmick!

Riddle isn't ready for the main roster, nowhere near!  The smarkish NXT crowd get behind him but a big casual WWE crowd won't give a shit right now.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Murtz said:

So Dream picked the lesser title? That's a bit shit...

Edit - oh dear

Edited by air_raid

18 minutes ago, Loki said:

wIt's like they've replaced No Way José with Ric Rude cosplaying Joey Ryan.  What a weird fucking gimmick!

Riddle isn't ready for the main roster, nowhere near!  The smarkish NXT crowd get behind him but a big casual WWE crowd won't give a shit right now.

He undoubtedly needs to iron out the character but I think he’s gettting there. In ring wise he works like a main event guy or at least somebody that could be pushed credibly against the top guys on the main roster.  There’s a lot of guys ready to come up from NXT but they’re all in big programs. Riddle doesn’t seem to  be locked down yet.